- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 21 days ago
- February 8: General Motors Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Cars to Fix Seats recalls | 46 days ago
- February 5: GM Recalls 2017 Chevrolet Suburban HD Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
Fuel Gauge Not Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,226 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 224 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (122 reports)
- replace fuel level sensor (78 reports)
- replace fuel pump (15 reports)
- parts should be recalled (4 reports)
- drop out fuel tank and check coil postition (3 reports)
- replace fuel sending unit (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem