- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 32 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 34 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 41 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 49 days ago
Fuel Gauge Not Working
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 67,647 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 222 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (121 reports)
- replace fuel level sensor (78 reports)
- replace fuel pump (15 reports)
- drop out fuel tank and check coil postition (3 reports)
- parts should be recalled (3 reports)
- replace fuel sending unit (3 reports)
accessories - interior problem