CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

7.9

2. replace fuel level sensor (54 reports)
  3. replace the fuel pump (14 reports)
  4. drop out fuel tank and check coil postition (3 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Sep 182013

Trailblazer LS

gmc had some recall regarding panel cluster. My fuel gauge had gone out. It did work some times which i informed them at service dept. Told them at time it was working right. They told me they had fixed problem when i picked up my truck. Couple days later same problem. They then told me it was a different problem that was not covered under recall. So i paid to have that problem fixed. Later that nite my car engine would not turn off. I had to pull a fuse to turn car off. Took back to dealer next day they told me it was a different problem. I was out of more money. Today my fuel gauge still does not work. My rpm gauge does not work. My cd player has not worked since less than a year buying this truck brand new. Engine heads went out at 115,000 thousand miles on my trailblazer and my equinox(2005 new). On top of that i received very poor customer service reguarding my truck problem. Was given the run a round by gm. I have found the solution to my problem. I will never buy another gm product!

- , Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 012014

Trailblazer LX 3.2L

While driving the Low beam lights went off. Now the fuel gauge showed empty when full. The engine check light comes on, mechanics have tried to check but find it to be the instrument cluster. Now the internal hack light comes on lighting the back of the car interior, this while the control panel indicated the hatch isn't closed, not so.

A co-worker has a 2005 TB which he has changed the instrument panel because the "stepper motor" used for each of the functions.

The car has preformed well even pulling the largest U-Haul trailer. This "Electrical" Problem is very much a problem. Causing me to rethink the type of our next car.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 152011

Trailblazer LX V6

I purchased this car in 2009, and a year later I started having problem with the fuel gauge not working. I took it to the dealership when my car was still under warranty, unfortunately it was not covered. The cost was 600.00+ dollars to repair. I received a letter from GM stating they would take care of half of cost of repair. I took car to dealership and three months later, it was broken again.

I took my car back to the dealership and now it is the cluster which is bad, repair cost 600+ dollars. I contacted GM and they were giving me the run around. I expressed my concern of being frustrated not knowing how much gas is in the vehicle. They contacted Chevrolet and they finally agreed to pay half of the cost. I want GM to absorb all of the cost of the repair if the gas gauge is defective. I will never purchase another Chevrolet or GM vehicle.

I am now still trying to contact GM and they are not returning my call. I will continue to complain until I get some results. This is totally unacceptable!!!!!

- , Columbia, SC, USA

May 012012

Trailblazer LS 2.4L

My husband plans to have the Fuel Sending Unit replaced (Float). Apparently in the 2005 model the Float is not included in the Fuel Pump Kit like the other models. This may mean that is less expensive than replacing the entire fuel pump but the tank still has to be dropped and the labor more tedious. Not sure how much this will cost but it has been very annoying.

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

Feb 082013

Trailblazer LT V6

I recently found out that GM will pay for 50% OF THE COST TO REPAIR. I THINK THEY SHOULD PAY THE TOTAL COST as this isn't something that was due from wear & tear. It was faulty pretty much from the start.

- , Shoemakersville, PA, USA

Apr 042012

Trailblazer EX V6

Fuel gauge does not work. Got letter where Chev. would pay half but still I have to pay out $300.00. It is not right!!!!!!! Chev should pay to fix the issue. This is the second Blazer we have bought over the years and the other one gave us trouble also. I really like it but now I know how stupid it was to think they are better made now.

- , Asheville, N.C, USA

Nov 162011

Trailblazer LS V6, 3.2L ?

tHE FUEL GAUGE TOOK ABOUT A WEEK or more TO GO COMPLETELY OUT. It would float irratically, then go to full when it wasn't, then it would drop out to enmpty after I had put some gasoline into it. Then for a bit, it hovered between 1/4 and empty, then finally went to empty. Dieffenbach Chevrolet told me it would cost about $700- $800 to replace.

What is so bad is that I had just gotten my speedometer fixed a few months before at a cost of over $500. If I had/ could have (but I got a ticket while it was going out) waited to have both fixed, the total woukld be less than $600. Now I have my tank filled b4 the resttable od reaches 300 miles and I reset the odometer. I've had people, mostly mechanics, tell me I'd better get some gas, that the light was on. I did find out that if I drove it humanely, it got decent gas mileage and that it will get almost 400 miles per tank.

- , Hamlet, NC, USA

Jan 032011

Trailblazer

This situation stinks! No recall? The dealer was deifinitely aware of the problem. I had this "fixed" a year ago at a cost of $600 and the gauge again is not working. What a pain!

- , Marion, IA, USA

Jan 032012

Trailblazer LX V6

having the same problem as the others: at first the fuel gauge jumped from full to empty then maybe half full then empty then full then empty. Now it just stays on empty with the stupid light on. I have to use my mileage to figure out my gas mileage. I know i can go at least 270 miles to fill up. i don't push it after that. so every week i have to fill up hit my mileage button to reset it to zero. its a pain in the ass cause i live in the country and u don't want to run out of gas out there. Sometimes i don't have the money to fill back up either so then I'm just guessing. i called the dealership to see if there was a recall on it they said they would pay 1/2 and i pay 1/2. my half is 140.00 + tax. but y should i have to pay for it when its their problem to begin with? Seeing all the other complaints on this i cant believe they haven't done a recall notice yet. They DO have one on the pickups cause they are having the same problems.

- , Chandler, TX, USA

Dec 312011

Trailblazer LT

we haven't had any problems with the car till now. my husband told me before christmas that the gas gauge had been acting up. so the date i selected is the date i actually saw it not work. we were at gas station and he fills it up (figures in his head about how much to fill up ) and gas gauge showed below empty. and was that way after driving around awhile. and goes up and down. we don't have money to have it repaired. it needs to be

any help at all would be great.

- , Traverse City, Michigan, USA

Jul 012010

Trailblazer

The gas gauge does not work. The gas light is on and binging. The engine light is on. I have heard of so many complaints with the same exact vehicle and I would like Chevy to pay for it.

- , Monee, IL, USA

Mar 082010

Trailblazer LT 4.2L V6

Upon filling my truck up with gas one day, I started the truck and the fuel guge showed I was still on empty. I made my husband go in to the store cause I thought they shafted us and we didn't get any gas. Haha Turns out that my fuel gauge quit working, which seems to be yet another ongoing issue with these vehichles that Chevrolet doesn't want to stand behind.

The fuel gauge usually stays on empty, however two days after I fill up it will go to half a tank for about a day and then go back to empty. They quoted me about $300 for fix the problem. In the meantime, I have to use the gallons used option to monitor my gas situation.

- , Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Sep 012009

Trailblazer

The dealer wanted over $800 to fix it ... I had a local guy fix it for $400 . Then in Oct 2011 I revieved a notice that the dealer would pay half ... They did reimberse me, but it was 2 years later

- , New Market, AL, USA

Oct 202010

Trailblazer V6

I will never buy another Chevy after this, they are making me pay for their recall!!

- , Rockford, Illinois, USA

Dec 112011

Trailblazer

Bought a used 2005 Trailblazer. Had it for one week when the check engine light came on. Dealership said to check my gas cap. I did and the light went out. Happened every time I put gas in the car. Now the light never goes off. Now the gas gauge doesn't work and the low fuel light stays on and the gauge registers empty. At first the gauge worked after the car warmed up. It's very cold outside and I really thought the cold was affecting it. Now its warm and the problem remains. Reading all of the other negative posts makes me mad. I think that Suss Pontiac in Aurora Colorado knew of the problem and band-aided it until my warranty ran out. I'll never buy from them again and I will not but another Chevy. Too bad since that is all my family used to buy. I'm all for buying American but in this case I'm going off shore. The US needs to focus on quality and not quantity. Very disappointed.

- , Denver, CO, USA

Jan 052012

Trailblazer LT V8

After filling the vehicle up with gas the gas gauge bounces back & forth from Full to Empty & the Service engine light comes on. I hate not knowing how much gas i have. I have read alot of people having the same problem.

- , Perryville, 63775, USA

Jul 132010

Trailblazer 3.2L V6

Fuel gauge went out, when researching, found out it was a common problem and very expensive to fix, so like everyone else I just watch my trip odometer. What a pain!

- , Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jan 012007

Trailblazer LS Inline 6

This should be a recall. Everybody that I talk to with a Trailblazer has the same problem. Why should I have to pay hundreds to fix Chevy's problem?

- , Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Mar 212011

Trailblazer LX 3.2L V6

The fuel gauge stopped working after filling up the tank. Sometimes it will go up and down. I have to keep up with mileage to know how much gas is left.

- , Lexington, South Carolina, USA

Jul 082008

Trailblazer

GAS GAUGE JUST STOPPED WORKING ONE DAY, LIGHT COMES ON WHEN IT IS FULL. IT DOES NOT MEASUERE GAS IN TANK AT ALL ANYMORE. I HAVE TO STOP BEFORE 200 MILES TO REFILL., BECAUSE I NEVER KNOW EXACRTLY HOW MUCH GAS I HAVE AND DON'T WANT TO END UP WALKING.

THIS IS TRUELY ONE OF THE WORSE PURCHASES I HAVE EVER MADE IN A VEHICLE.

- , Emmaus, PA, USA