- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 16 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 18 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 23 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 103,800 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.