CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Mar 032014

Trailblazer

Brakes lines have severe corrosion and are leaking fluid and will all have to be replaced.

- Charlton, MA, USA

Jan 232013

Trailblazer

My gas gauge has stayed on empty for a month or so with the gas light on. I have not had the money to fix it and I put gas in it the night before the incident happened. I was driving home from a family members house a few blocks away from my house and my 2005 Trailblazer died and everything locked up on me. The brakes would not work what so ever. And I just had brand new brakes put on a couple months ago and my steering wheel locked up. My vehicle would not stop. It kept going. I am so happy that I didn't have my three small children with me. It took me three turns onto three different streets before it finally stopped. It was very hard to turn. And my back wheels were making a horrible noise and smelled really bad when I got out. I always keep a gas can in the back in case I ever run out of gas due to the gauge not working. And mind you I have only had this vehicle a year. GM should have to pay to get this fixed. This is very dangerous. Thankfully someone was watching over me and there was no other cars headed toward me. It was on a main roads that has a 45 mile an hour speed limit. I will never buy a Chevy again.

- Salem, IL, USA

Sep 202012

Trailblazer

Note: This is the second catastrophic brake failure for this vehicle on September 204, 2012, while on a trip from houston tx to winona mn, I was driving down a ranch road and came to a stop to let a passenger get out and open a gate. I drove through the open gate and put the Trailblazer in park while waiting for the gate to be closed and the passenger to get back in the vehicle. I then went to apply the brakes in order to move the transmission from park to drive and, once again, the braking system failed catastrophically, and the brake pedal went to the floor. A mechanic was called out and, he too pumped the brake pedal, which hit the floor with no resistance of any kind. There were three eyewitnesses to this catastrophic failure. This mechanic replaced the master cylinder and found out that I am not the only 05 Trailblazer owner who has suffered through catastrophic brake failure events. A listing of investigations is given on this website: www.faqs.org/car/Chevrolet-Trailblazer-2005/service-brakes/.

- Taylor Lake Village, TX, USA

Jan 272012

Trailblazer

, I was approaching a line of cars stopped for a red light. The weather was clear and I was decelerating and moving at approximately 20 mph. As I began to apply the brakes, they failed catastrophically. The brake pedal hit the floor, with no resistance, and I ran into the back of a stopped pickup truck?.watching it all unfold before my eyes while my foot frantically pumped the brake pedal, which hit the floor with each attempt. Although it was a front end collision, the airbags did not deploy.

- Taylor Lake Village, TX, USA

Aug 032012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet trail Blazer. The contact was driving 30 mph when she applied the brakes but the vehicle would not stop. The contact utilized the emergency brake in order to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis who stated that the flexible braided line would need replacing. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and advised the contact that the vehicle was not under recall. The failure and the current mileage was 82,000. The VIN was not available.

- Collierville , TN, USA