CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

7.2

$1,387.00

2. there is none (2 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 112012

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

it is really crazy the amount of malfunctions this vehicle has had during the last seven years i would never buy chevy again......

- , Dayton, Ohio, USA

May 252012

Trailblazer LS

My service engine light comes on, so I hit the help button to call Onstar to see what the problem may be. Onstar ran an diagnostic on my truck and it gave a code for the throttle body. So i took my truck to a GM dealer and told them what had happen and asked them to fix it. They put a new throttle body on my truck $624.24. Ok, I picked up my truck a week later and drove it for a week and the same thing happened again. So I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for a couple of days and called me an told me that Accelerator Sensor Pedal needed replacing, that's the code it's giving out now. I said ok, let's replace it. $245.05. They repaired it and I picked it up. I drove the truck for about an month and the same thing happen again. So I took it back to the dealership. This time they called and the Control Marginal needed replacing. $682.87. I said, really ok let's replace it becasue I need my truck in tip top shape because I'm on night shift and I don't want it breaking down on the road on me. Ok, I picked my truck up a couple of days later. I planned a road trip to Ohio, I;m thinking I should be able to drive my truck since I haven't had any more problems since I picked it up last time. I was 500 miles away from home and the service engine light on again. I'm just praying that it didn't break down on me on the highway. I made it back home and took the truck back to the dealership. Now I'm starting to get a little up because I've spent all this money and I still have the same problem. They said, that the could have gotten some bad parts. So they replaced the parts that they had put on my truck. I went to pick it up and I didn't make if off the parking lot and the service engine light and the power down light came on. So I went back in the get the service manager and ask him to take a look at it. He said, Iet us keep it and we'll fix it. Ok, they called me two days later and tells me that it's ready they had to put an connector on the throttle body. So, I go again and pick it up and the same thing happened. So I go back in the dealership, this time the manager and the mechanic comes out to look at my truck. When they raised the hood I see wires everywhere. I said, I'm I supposed to be see wires like this, because I never seen them in all the year's I've had this truck. So again, they keep the truck and they're going to fix it. Seven days later I get a call from the and they tell me that it's the wiring Harness and they had to get with GM mechanics to find out what the problem was and that it would be $1,400.00 to fix it. I said, does that included the money that I've already spent. Course he said no. I ask him, did all the test they were running not show this before we replaced all the other parts that's not seeming to be the problem now. He said no, this is the problem. No more GM vehicles for me and my family.

- , Jackson, TN, USA

Sep 082009

Trailblazer ES EXT 4.2L V6

Check engine light was on....took to dealership, ran diagnostics, couldn't find a problem that caused it. Mechanic stated that it meant that "The check engine light works".....great answer GM Certified technician. My guess is that he drives a foreign car. I have since traded this piece of crap in. Good riddance. Will NEVER buy another GM vehicle. Ever.

- , Sprtanburg, SC, USA

Feb 012010

Trailblazer LS

Okay so my engine light is on for no apparent reason and I hear it is going to cost a fortune to fix, so unless GM pays for it I will not get it fixed. I will never ever own another Chevy or GM product again.

- , Minden, Louisiana, USA

Oct 272011

Trailblazer LS 4.2L

More annoying than anything. You don't know if it is on because there is a problem in your engine or if it just on. Every time it has come on I take it and have it hooked up and it says that there is nothing wrong with the engine.

- , Canton, NC, USA

Aug 172009

Trailblazer

bought this stupid trail blazer and now i need to fix all of its stupid problems. the check engine light is always on and i can't get it to shut off, it always comes right back on!

- , St Marys, PA, USA

Mar 182011

Trailblazer LX 4.2L V6

My engine light stays on all the time & it is not because I left the gas cap on loosely. I have been on several trips & it is still on. So I know it is not that. It is the cluster instrument panel. I think we all need a recall on trailblazers.

- , Lavonia, GA, USA

Apr 012011

Trailblazer LT 4.2L

the check engine light comes on from time to time then goes off.

- , Lovilia, IA, USA

Nov 302010

Trailblazer LS V6

Check engine light stays on for a couple days, goes off, comes back on, goes off, etc........Gas cap has nothing to do with it.

- , Ashville, OH, USA

Dec 042010

Trailblazer LS

Same time my spedometer quit working my engine light came on. Now it is a month later and the same thing just happened yesterday. Both times on the freeway. This will probly be the last Chevy I own. Is this how Chevy treats the people in the US that buy their vehicles? Next time I hear how broke you are and have to close another plant do you really think we will care? Not a good way to try to get this country back on its feet.

- , Crivitz, WI, USA

Jul 152009

Trailblazer LS 4.2L I6

MIL has been on and have had DTC po305 since about a year and a half after I bought this piece of SHI*!! I first noticed the Cruise control wouldn't work and was searching for the fix for it when I happened across some info which surprised me. It seems when the check engine light is on the cruise wont work. I scanned to figure out the code for the engine light and it was 305 which is misfire cylinder 5. I researched and found several possible causes for this and attacked them one at a time. I replaced the coil for #5 and cleared the code and it stayed clear for a while (and the cruise worked again) the light came back on and a re-scan showed 305 again. I did some more research and found out there is a known issue where one of the valve seats is bad and lets compression blow by causing a misfire to read. This is reported to be a $1200.00 plus repair which I cant afford. It seems some people have had it fixed under warranty but no amount of yelling or complaining have done me any good. Now, my truck won't pass Washington state emissions because they do OBD2 scanning on my year and since it throws that code it automatically fails. Even though I know it would pass an exhaust gas test I have to go pay a certified mechanic $150.00 to tell me exactly what I just typed here so I can get a waiver to get tabs for the truck I cant afford to fix or replace. Chevy really got me this time. NEVER AGAIN. I REALLY wanted a 2011 Camaro too. I was willing to pay way too much for it just because I wanted one since I was a teen in the 70's when I could have had a 69 z-28 almost new for around $3,000. Sorry for the rant although I guess thats why were here.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 122010

Trailblazer XLT 4.2L

The check engine light only comes on when towing a loaded trailer. turns off after a couple hundred miles.

- , Blue Springs, MO, USA

Apr 202010

Trailblazer LS V6

What a piece of crap. Engine light on, gas gauge doesn't work and the speedometer is haywire. Never again will I buy a Chevy.

- , Hellertown, PA, USA

Jan 012010

Trailblazer EXT V6

have changed sensors, (as in all), tune ups, you name it light comes right back on

- , Sanderson, FL, USA

Mar 092009

Trailblazer LS 3.2L

Bought this vehicle in January 2006. Windshield began leaking, took it to the dealer and they supposedly fixed it. The heater quit working first on 5 then 4 then it quit. Had it fixed and now it has stopped on 5 again. Of course when it quit I was over 100 miles from home and it was in the winter time. In 2009 after many months of leaking I paid for a new windshield. The maintenance light came on. Had it hooked up to computers tried a couple of fixes and it came back on. Now the gas light is almost always on, the tank almost always shows empty even after filling. Or it will move up a little and go back to empty. The front turn signals won't work and haven't for a couple of years.

- , Weston, WV, USA

Feb 012010

Trailblazer

not only the engine light, but also the airbag lights go on and off. There's also a problem with the front end where it is chewing out my new tires, and were replace twice. Also there is a problem with the odometer and the gas gage which they don't work.

- , Bridgeport, CT, USA

Jan 172010

Trailblazer LS 3.2L V6

My check engine light came on, had On star run diagnosis the said it was a problem with the coolant system. Temp gauge didn't reflect any probllem. After hitting a bump in the road it went off. My husband checked coolant system parts for any issue and found none.

- , Lancaster, SC, USA

Jul 132009

Trailblazer LS 4.6L V8

THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON RANDOMLY WHILE DRIVING OR SOMETIMES AFTER STARTING IT AND JUST AS RANDOM AS IT CAME ON IT GOES OFF AND WONT COME ON FOR A COUPLE WEEKS WITHOUT COMING ON AGAIN FOR A WHILE. THE FIRST TIME IT CAME ON THE TRUCK STARTED MAKING THIS LOUD WHINING NOISE THAT WAS VERY IRRITATING SO I CALLED THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAID MY WARRANTY HAD JUST EXPIRED A MONTH PRIOR SO I THEN TOOK IT TO FIRESTONE AND THEY CHECKED IT OUT AND FIXED IT FOR ABOUT $900.00 AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS AS FAR AS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMING ON AND OFF RANDOMLY. THIS PROBLEM HAS HAPPENED TO OTHERS THAT I KNOW WHO OWN THIS VEHICLE AND WE ALL THINK THAT THEY SHOULD RECALL THE TRAILBLAZER AND DO SOME MODIFICATIONS TO IT AFTER REPAYING US FOR ALL OF OUR TROUBLES OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS WITH THIS TRUCK!!!!! WE ALL SHOULD TRY OUR BEST TO COMPLAIN TO SOMEONE THAT WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AND MAYBE OUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED........

- , Effingham, SC, USA

Jan 142009

Trailblazer LT 4.2L V6

It is just a pain in the a___! I live in Georgia it is required that you get a emission test done before you get tour new 2010 sticker. Now my car is not legal because I can not get it fixed. Because once again I have chosen a vehicle that needs that year, that part. which means every part cost over $100.00 dollars or you can only get it from the dealer. I'm a single Mom making minimum wage and scraping to pay for everything my house, food, clothes for my 7yr. old daughter. And now worrying about getting pulled over, like I need another Bill to pay.

- , Buford, Georgia, USA

Dec 012007

Trailblazer 3.2L V6

I have had it checked can not find a problem. It is vary intermittent.

- , Denver, CO, USA