CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 17 of 20)

Dec 312008

Trailblazer

Speedometer is broke mostly on 0 miles per hour while driving. I may be over speed limit without knowing.

- Denver, CO, USA

Dec 112008

Trailblazer

My headlights and dash lights flicker while driving. Also while driving my lights will dim and the blower for heat & A/C will slow and then pick up to normal speed again. It also revs by itself, even in park and will go forward slightly when it does surge. These problems only started after the alternator was replaced. I think it is a safety hazard to have lights flickering and engine surges.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Dec 102008

Trailblazer

Headlights, dashlight dim, battery gauge jump. The headlights, dashlights and all power dims or cuts out when letting off the gas. When in the gas it works fin. When I let off everything starts dimming and cutting out. At night time people in front of me think I'm wanting them to pull over because the light flash like a police cars would. I see many of the same complaints in msg boards and the dealerships know of the problem but have no fix. They tell you to deal with it. I think its a real safety issue and need to be addresses.

- Willow Spring, NC, USA

Nov 262004

Trailblazer

The headlights, dash lights and dome lights all flicker intermittently. I have had this problem since Nov 2004 when I bought the truck. Recently I've noticed the battery gauge fluctuate rather wildly when this problem is occurring. In my case, there seems to be a connection to the outside temperature. However, given the intermittent nature of the problem I can't be certain. I have noticed the problem more when the temps are around 35-45F. The dealer has seen the vehicle several times for the problem and still can't determine the issue. The big problem is they haven't been able to reproduce the condition. The truck now has 75000 miles and is 4 years old. The flickering/flashing has gotten much worse. On Dec 2, 2008 the flickering was more akin to outright flashing. Other drivers being noticeably affected.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Dec 032008

Trailblazer

Instrument cluster malfunctioning. Speedometer, tachometer and oil pressure gauges are inaccurate. Also had to replace fuel sensor/sending unit before vehicle reached 50,000 miles.

- Alabaster, AL, USA

Nov 292008

Trailblazer

Instrument cluster. My speedometer has failed. My fuel gauge had failed a few months ago. My doors lock by themselves even when you are out of the vehicle. A couple of times away on a trip and locked out of the vehicle. My lights flicker at night to almost off. Chevrolet said they don't see a problem however if you get on line you are able to check many complaints about the Trailblazer of the same situation. Why does the consumer have to pay out of pocket for a product with many failures that should not have happened.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Nov 252008

Trailblazer

The vehicle in question is a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer with under 40,000 miles and very well-maintained. This is a continuing concern and have had the dealer mechanics look at this problem. While driving at any speed, the lights will dim dramatically when the accelerator pedal is released. The headlights and interior lights dim and return after accelerating for any length or magnitude and then return to normal brightness. Typically, they will dim 3 times. I am concerned about how severe this could become. The dealership said GM acknowledges this happening but says it is normal and no repair is available. This does not happen all the time but does happen 2-3 times a week and inconsistently. I cannot identify what causes it or what conditions consistently exist. However, this cannot be normal or safe.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Nov 082006

Trailblazer

The speedometer does not register the correct speed all the time. I was driving down the highway at 70 mph and the car said I was doing 110mph. The dealer said file a complaint because they get this problem a lot. There have been recalls on other GM cars with the same gauges as the 2005 Trailblazer. So why has there not been a recall for the Trailblazer?

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Nov 102008

Trailblazer

When driving at night typically while "coasting" between 30-50 mph my headlights on my Trailblazer dim, the battery charge goes down, and the blower stops working for just a second. After researching this on the internet I have noticed that many other people are having a similar, and unresolved problem with their Trailblazers as well. This is dangerous because headlights are necessary, also something that should not be a consistency with many consumers. Mine is a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer ls. I hope is matter is looked into more since there is a huge problem that many customers are having that is getting ignored. We need someone to look out for us!

- White Bear Twsp., MN, USA

Mar 032008

Trailblazer

My vehicle headlights in my 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer, blink, flicker or flash when too much power is going in, I don't think this vehicle has a big enough alternator, but the dealer or GM will not do anything to help me, they said its normal. If its normal that the headlights flicker, I would have never bought this vehicle. It is just so frustrating to have a vehicle in a shop when you need it for day to day living. This has been going on for 8 months now. This could kill someone and according to multiple blog sites this is a problem for a lot of people.

- Bridgewater, MA, USA

Oct 262008

Trailblazer

I have an 2005 Chevy Trailblazer that the lights constantly are flashing. They dim and then come very bright again non-stop. This can not be safe because for several instances they are so dim that you can't see in the dark. I have had the vehicle in several times when it was under warranty and GM said it was normal when the fan kicks on. Well it is not normal or is it safe. I can not manually flick the lights as fast as they flicker when I am driving down the road. It is very unsafe and GM needs to find a fix for it.

- North English, IA, USA

Oct 202008

Trailblazer

Headlights and dashlights flicker erratically that it almost looks like you are flashing your lights at oncoming motorists. Have had it to the dealer more that six times for this without resolve. The dealer says it is normal, and they don't care if we get killed.

- Erie, CO, USA

Oct 032008

Trailblazer

I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer lt, and I have noticed this strange sound lately when I start it up and it gets louder as you drive it. My father said that it is the bearings and the alternator, so I decided to look it up on the internet and saw multiple complaints on this issue with this particular model. I was told to file a complaint on a site, and was directed by many others who have experienced this issue. I am not happy, and I still owe on this vehicle and the warranty is conveniently up just as this is happening. I want this correct, and someone contacted GM and they stated that there is an issue with the pump and the electrical, well then they need to recall this vehicle and fix it for free.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

Oct 162008

Trailblazer

When driving at night, my headlight dim/brighten on their own. Have been told there is nothing that GM will do for me, this was reported to the deal the day I bought the car and I have several work orders for the dealership trying to find the problem, but could not find anything and there is no recall for it. So now, when I drive at night, people think I am flashing my lights at them. I have even gone to another dealer and they say they hear alot of people complaining about this and there is something wrong with some type of programming, but GM does not have a fix. This is becoming dangerous.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Sep 102008

Trailblazer

I own a 2005 Trailblazer and have had several problems with it. Currently the issue I am dealing with is the speedometer. Several weeks ago, my speedometer while driving at approx 30 mph went all the way around past 120 mph and stuck. Following that, every time I started my car, it would decrease 10 mph until it went back to 0 mph. It worked fine for a while and now I am having a problem again with the needle spun all the way around and does not move when I am driving. I understand this is a common problem with this year model and feel that is definitely a safety hazard when you really have no idea how fast you are going, it is a guessing game.

- Holland Patent, NY, USA

Oct 082008

Trailblazer

Speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure gauge all giving inaccurate readings! I don't know any car, no matter what year or make which has these problems! only GM! it is very dangerous to not know how fast or slow you're going. Impeding flow of traffic.

- Hacienda Heights, CA, USA

May 292008

Trailblazer

I own a 2005 Chevy trailbazer. The dash and headlights flicker and dim while night driving no one can find the problem.

- Machias, NY, USA

Sep 262008

Trailblazer

Speedometer malfunctioning (need instrument panel cluster) fuel level system malfunctioning.

- Waggaman, LA, USA

Sep 192008

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact noticed that the speedometer was stuck. The failure occurs intermittently. He currently has an appointment with the dealer. The failure mileage was 55,158.

- Collinsville, IL, USA

Jan 012006

Trailblazer

I own a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. I have had trouble with the rear taillights. In particular the brake lights. It has been to the dealer several times with no help. They have replaced the socket asm. But no real fix as it come and goes. I have heard the same from other Trailblazer owners also. 10155053 refers to this problem also. Thank you

- Flushing, MI, USA