Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 20 of 20)

Dec 082006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Headlights..for no apparent reason my headlight flash off and right back on and then flicker at a constant I have taken my Trailblazer to the dealer where I bought it several times and they say that they can't find the problem..I have had this vehicle in the shop several different times..they have replaced the instrument panel and the speedometer cable..the onstar computer now you tell me why they can't figure out what is blowing these things out..why they can't find a problem with them.

- Lenore, WV, USA

Nov 272006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

While driving to work in the early morning when it was still dark the headlights and dash board lights began to flicker. They got really dim and then came back to full brightness. This happened for a period of 15 - 20 minutes which was when I turned the vehicle off. I took the vehicle to the dealer where it was purchased and they were unable to duplicate the problem. They told me later that afternoon that GM had been contacted and that GM stated that this was a normal condition and that no repairs were warranted. I fought with the dealer and told them that it was not a normal condition and that I was unable to drive the vehicle in the dark because it caused a safety issue both to myself and to other vehicles on the road. They kept the vehicle for 3 days and then told me that GM was aware that there was in fact a problem with the air pump however they did not know what to do to fix the problem. I was also told that it will continue to do the same thing on and off in the future. This is definitely a safety issue. When this happens the cars directly in front of me and on coming traffic think that I am flashing my high beams at them not to mention that it is very distracting to me while I am driving and I am sure that eventually, whether it is my vehicle or another vehicle with the same problem, this will cause an accident. After looking through the complaints on this web site I have found 17 other vehicles with the same exact problem. The owners of those vehicles were also given the same "lame" excuse that I was given.

- Lake Hopatcong, NJ, USA

Mar 282006

Trailblazer 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving various speeds at night, the headlights, interior dome light and the instrument panel flickered on and off without warning. The vehicle was driven to the dealer who could not duplicate the problem. Updated 11/13/06.

- Greer, SC, USA

Oct 272006

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2005 Chevy Trailblazer, headlights and interior lights dim and flash for no reason while driving (looks like a christmas tree). If I stop and shut the vehicle off, and restart, it stops. See several people having the same issue when I search on-line. Dealer claims they can find no error codes.

- Manchester Ctr, VT, USA

Sep 022005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer lt. While driving on the highway behind a car my headlights and interior lights began to flicker ( get dim and come back on). The car in front of me thought I was flicking on my high beams on and off at him and slams on the brake. I did some research on my car and found out that a lot of the Chevy Trailblazer owners have the same problem and that Chevy can't find the cause.

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Jun 142006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at various speeds the automatic dash lights and headlights failed to remain illuminated at night. The failure occurred intermittently and without warning. The dealership replaced the body control module, cleaned the ground wires and inserted a snap shot in attempt to remedy the failures. Updated 07/11/06.

- Broughton, IL, USA

Mar 302006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated intermittently the headlights and dash board light flickered. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The dealer stated that GM reported that this was normal operating procedure. Updated 4/14/2006 -

- Forks, WA, USA

Oct 012005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Headlights and dash lights flicker, and heater fan slows down occasionally. Seems to happen more on damp days. Only seems to happen when the gas pedal is released and vehicle is coasting.

- West Simsbury, CT, USA

Jan 272006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated the head lamps flicker from bright to dim automatically while driving at nighttime. The vehicle was taken to the local dealership for inspection. The local dealership personnel determined the head lamps were flickering. However, until the manufacturer had a solution to the problem, the dealership could not perform any repairs. Updated 024/24/06

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Jan 182006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle's electrical system is frequently surging. The vehicle was designed with the air pump located near the electrical system. According to the local dealership service manager, when the air pump engages, the electrical system surges and results in the headlights dimming and flickering. The flickering last for several seconds then the electrical system resumes normally. However, once the air pump engages again, the same problem erupts. The contact has been in constant communication with the dealer and manufacturer, although the problem has been duplicated numerous times, the manufacturer insists the vehicle is operating normally.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Dec 302005

Headlights dim and flicker occasionally while driving my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer ls. There is no apparent reason for the dimming. When the headlights dim or flicker the dash panel does the same.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Dec 042005

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Headlights abruptly dim and voltage drops while driving. Does not occur everytime it is driven. Occurred twice to me, June 05 and December 05. Creates dangerous driving condition. Dealer unable to find problem or duplicate problem after both occurrences.

- Fairborn, OH, USA

Nov 202005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Chevy Trailblazer has a whistling sound that is not able to be located to be fixed, the seals on the doors have been replaced as well as the weather stripping. The lights on the vehicles interior as well as head light go dim when the gas pedal is not pressed. The head lights flicker causing a distraction to the driver of the vehicle as well as on coming cars as it appears that someone is flashing their lights to on coming cars.

- Chadwicks, NY, USA

Aug 152005

My Chevy Trailblazer 2005 has been giving me problems not much after of leasing the SUV on 3/25/05. Not sure what day was when I got into the accident in August but it was cause do to the brakes. When backing up, I hit into my brother's truck and I couldn't stop so I kept on smashing more into my brother's truck. Not lately I am having eletrical problems too. My engine light comes on and when it does the whole SUV shakes badly. Don't understand why all of these problems are happening. I just want to get out of this lease and live!

- Howell, NJ, USA

Nov 022005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Headlights and instrument panel lights are going dim to bright while driving. Does not happen when sitting still, so do not know if rear lights are doing the same.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Jul 152005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact states while driving two engine lights come on and the engine powered down. When the vehicle was powering down she could press the accelerator to the floor and it moved along. When this happened none of the brake lights came on. Therefore, contact's vehicle was almost hit by an 18 wheeler. She continued to drive the vehicle at the low speed. This happens at no particular speed. The vehicle has been to the dealership, and they replaced the computer and throttle body. The dealership has been unable to diagnose the problem.

- Dairien Center, NY, USA

Aug 272005

On August 27th I was driving down the road when blue smoke came out from under the hood which smelled like plastic/copper burning the cruise control along with the back windshield wiper stopped working it was taken to Chevrolet dealership but not the one where it was purchased I was told they couldn't find the source of the problem after having my car a total of 3 days needless to say on the way back home more electrical problems occurred since the dealership failed to fix it not only did smoke come out from under the hood the lights on the dash/radio would flash from bright to dim the battery gauge was moving back and forth the radio stopped working the car is back in the shop when hooked to the computer at the dealership where it was purchased it showed some electrical problems with the cruise/windshield wiper.

- Woodlawn, VA, USA

Aug 112005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

2005 trail Blazer driving at 65 mph stopped running no warning. Drifted to side of road. All electrical power not working.

- Forest, VA, USA