CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

8.0

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Dec 132011

Trailblazer LT 4.2L V6

The check gauges light comes on when at a stop and then I get a digital message "oil pressure low" "stop engine" followed by the oil pressure gauge dropping to zero. In trying to research this issue, it appears to be extremely common and no one seems to have gotten a resolution to the problem. It appears that people are spending several hundered dollars on repairs to try to solve the problem to no avail. This is my first Chevrolet purchase and as much as I have loved my car up until about a year ago, I doubt I will ever buy another Chevrolet for the sheer reason that they don't appear to stand behind their product.

- , Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Apr 062011

Trailblazer LX 4.2L V6

My oil gauge goes to 80 & straight down. I am a woman, but I know when there should be a recall on something. I always thought well of Chevrolets, but I guess makers of Chevrolets just want to sell the cars & trucks. After that they do not care. I suppose there will be lots of customers lost if they have the same problems, cause I know I will tell people if there is not a recall on the instrument (cluster) panel.

- , Lavonia, GA, USA

Jan 112011

Trailblazer XLT

The check gauges light started coming on and going off. I wasn't quite sure of what was going on until I noticed my oil pressure gauge was fluctuating from normal to zero. I checked the oil in the truck and decided to get an oil change. Two days later it started happening again. This mostly happens when I brake or am idle, but only if I have driven and stopped a few times....like running errands (going to a few stores, getting gas, ect.). The check gauges light comes on and the oil pressure gauge drops to zero, but once I accelerate, it goes back to normal. I sure hope that this is not the instrument cluster going bad since I have replaced it once already!!!

There are many complaints online about this very issue. GM should issue a recall and an apology!!!!

- , Pearl, MS, USA