CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

9.8

2. clean out the throttle body (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Apr 152013

Trailblazer LS 4.2L 6 cyl

My trailblazer only had a little over 104,000 miles on it. It was serviced regularly, gave no warning, just shut off like you turned key off,. no bang, boom , nothing. It's very discouraging when you're a female headed to work at night.

- , Sunbury, PA, USA

Jul 102012

Trailblazer LS 4.2L V6

If it wasn't one problem it was another. Once I fixed something then something else went wrong. I can not get a break. I thought this was a good purchase but as soon as it went out of warranty everything is going wrong. I cleaned it out and reinstalled and it is working fine for now. But it was dying on me in the middle of me driving. that is not good in the highway.

- , Scott, AR, USA

Jan 112012

Trailblazer LT 4.2L Inline6

Vehicle stops running while your driving it,No engine light or anything comes on to tell you whats wrong.Wife took car to dealership,could not find problem,so they cleaned fuel injection system,and throttle body and charged us $274 told us we would need a new battery and sent her on her way. Car continues to stall out unexpectedly while driving down the road. God forbid i should have my grandchildren with me at time that this is happening. I am glad that i am not the only one having this problem. Thought i was going to own this vehicle for a long time now i am having second thoughts. Seriously thinking of getting rid of it. Don't have that kind of cash to put into something that is going to continue giving me problems. Will never buy a GM vehicle again. This needs to be solved or maybe recalled. Something needs to be done.

- , Belvidere, IL, USA

Sep 052011

Trailblazer EXT V6

Driving down the road and the car stops! No steering and my child was in the car. Someone needs to take responsibility for this. It could kill someone! before this it would not start had to have it towed and mechanic don't even understand what is going on. It started with the computer hooked up to the car. mechanic shook wire harness and it started! when it has certified mechanic baffled, what is a normal joe to do !!!!!

- , Carrollton, OH, USA

May 042010

Trailblazer LS V6

This has happened 3 times already, trailblazer just stalls. Once on a slight incline and the brakes didn't even work. Once in my driveway which is fairly level it stalled and was rolling backward and I turned off the ignition, the only way to stop it. Anyone else have this problem?

- , Hellertown, PA, USA

Jul 102007

Trailblazer 4x4 V6

After having so many problems with this vehicle shaking really bad before stalling i decided to buy another vehicle in may. I decided to sell the vehicle and told the buyer of my situation. We went to the dealer's service department again for a check up so that the buyer knew that it was checked and at that time my warranty had expired 62 miles before. The dealer told me i had to pay their check up fee of $162 or use my extended warranty which it was on because i bought extended warranty when i purchased the vehicle. I had to call the extended warranty and by the time i too it in with an appointment the buyer bought another vehicle. By the way.... i had to pay the $50 deductible for the check up and guess what..... nothing was found!

I will never buy Chevy again,

R Jimenez

- , Union City, CA, USA

Nov 232006

Trailblazer 4x4 V6

I took my car in a week before because it was stalling and nothing was found at that time. The car was still under warranty at the time. Nothing was found again so, nothing was fixed.

- , Union City, CA, USA

Jul 282009

Trailblazer V6

What would cause a car to just have the engine shut off while driving? It did this three times to me yesterday. The first time I was stopped, or at least going slow. The next two times it did this was on the freeway.... I was driving at least 50mph. Then the engine stalls. Fortunately if you put it in neutral and turn the ignition it starts right back up. But once again... I drive with two small children in the car. I think its time to get rid of this thing! Its only 4 years old and has this happen... the transmission bearing and the water pump.

- , Moorpark, CA, USA