- May 18: GM Recalls Chevy Spark to Fix Passenger Airbags recalls | 5 days ago
- May 18: Crash Tests: Tesla Model S, BMW i3, Chevy Volt and Toyota Prius Prime news | 5 days ago
- April 30: GM Headlamp Driver Module Recall Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- March 5: Chevy Cruze Emissions Lawsuit Will Continue news | 79 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,509 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- New lifter kit (1 reports)
- new motor (1 reports)
- redo head and valves (1 reports)
- replace coils (1 reports)