- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 9 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 17 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 40 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 59 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,509 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- New lifter kit (1 reports)
- new motor (1 reports)
- redo head and valves (1 reports)
- replace coils (1 reports)