CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Dec 012007

Trailblazer

I purchased my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer in the spring of 2007. Around December 2007 my speedometer started hanging up. It is still doing it today. The worst time for it to happen is on cold days. I did not have a problem with it this summer. Now with the fall of the year and colder days, it has begun hanging up again almost everyday. Because of this I am not sure of my correct speed. I searched the internet and found multiple complaints regarding this same problem. Chevrolet has issued many recalls on other makes and model, but has yet to issue a recall on this problem. I feel this is a safety issue that needs to be corrected on this make and model, as it has been on others.

- Saluda, SC, USA

Feb 102008

Trailblazer

At low rpms the truck will lunge forward /reverse depending which gear you are in. This happens when it wants it is not a constant. It idles high and surges. First occurrence happened in Feb dealer did nothing. Next occurrence it almost hit my daughters friend when she passed in front of me. Again dealer did nothing and finally the last occurrence it lunged into a tree. Again dealer and GM found nothing. I have documentation from the mitchell repair company that states that the year make of my truck this has happened. However GM denies this. This truck is not safe.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Feb 212008

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

My Trailblazer has an intermittent problem, when I am coming to a stop at a stop sign or red light it will suddenly lurch ahead or surge ahead. It will sometimes do it while I am driving slowly through a parking lot. It is a major safety issue as it could cause me to proceed into a main intersection. The local dealer showed me a GM notice that stated they were aware of a problem, but could not find a solution to this. This is a very dangerous issue.

- Gratz, PA, USA

Nov 122006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer ls 4WD speedometer failed as driving down the freeway. Was going approxiamately 60 mph and speedometer registerd 10 mph. It corrected it self and for a couple days it was fine again. Then it started repeating same failure, and stayed the same. It was taken into a GMC dealer and the repair was done. The speedometer was replaced, with a total bill of $463.09, paid my myself, since the warranty was just barely over.

- Payson, UT, USA

Oct 292006

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Purchased 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer ls Oct.28 06. Since then, to date, veh. Has been in shop (dealership 4X). 1. brake repair. All 4 calipers were replaced. This vehicle had only 22,000. Miles. In shop very 1st week of purchase. 2. been complaining of flickering lights. Was handed a GMC printout stating they did not know cause. So therefore the dealership, hood Chevrolet, covington la. Could not do anything about it. 3. complained of engine acceleration while applying brake, coming to a stop or a slow speed in a parking lot. Fear that I may crash into someone. Received printout from GM stating this was normal. But I see this is a hazard. 4. complained of seat belt "riding" on the neckline, restricting blood flow in left artery on neck. I see this a major problem. I commute 26 miles one way to work at a hospital. I thought I would be safer driving my Trailblazer, now I fear for my life. 5. complained of popping on front end. Service had to order sway links and replace. Did not solve problem, still have frontal popping while turning left or right, reverse and forward. It is progressively getting worse. Found out GM certified tech. Did not properly align calibers when installed. I have paid to much for this $23,000. Lemon. Action should be taken. Sarah dykes, bogalusa Louisiana.

- Bogalusa, LA, USA

Nov 232006

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Speedometer went haywire on a 450 mile trip got about 200 miles and the speedometer read 90 mph when cruise control was set at 79 mph. Went to get off of exit and when I stopped it didn't go back to 0 instead when I started driving again it went below 120 and was hanging directly down. We got it back down to zero by having to start it and turn it off 5 miles at a time. It has happened 3 times now in less than a week.

- Rock Springs, WY, USA

Jul 152005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact states while driving two engine lights come on and the engine powered down. When the vehicle was powering down she could press the accelerator to the floor and it moved along. When this happened none of the brake lights came on. Therefore, contact's vehicle was almost hit by an 18 wheeler. She continued to drive the vehicle at the low speed. This happens at no particular speed. The vehicle has been to the dealership, and they replaced the computer and throttle body. The dealership has been unable to diagnose the problem.

- Dairien Center, NY, USA