Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

1. replace (3 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jul 282011

Trailblazer 6 cyl

My converter went out and I also heard this is a problem with all trailblazers. I think it needs to be a recall.

- , Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 012011

Trailblazer LS I6

Trailblazer lost gradually lost all power and mileage went to 10 mpg.

Found it to be clogged catalytic converter. When I removed it the core was completely blocked. I have no idea how it even ran.

- , Baden, PA, USA

Dec 152009

Trailblazer LS Straight 6

My trailblazer had only 59000 miles on it and we were on our way back from our family reunion and our trailblazer lost all power and would not accelerate at all. As an immediate fix I just happened to have my cordless drill in the car. I drilled 3 1/4 inch holes in the front lobe of the cat/conv. and we were able to continue. Upon further investigation I found out that it would cost me over $750.00 to replace the converter. This is a very upsetting and infuriating situation.

- , Lexington, OH, USA