CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.4

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Jun 012014

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the passenger side headlight failed. The failure also occurred on the driver side headlight. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Dec 152012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the headlights started to flash intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and to an independent mechanic but it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Oct 022014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Low beam headlights have flashed on multiple occasions in the past. On the night of October 2, 2014, while driving home with my entire family in the car, the low beam headlights went out completely. I turned on my fog lamps to get home. I checked all fuses and relays and there were no problems. I also took it to a mechanic, who secured a loose ground wire. This did not help. Then I heard that GM was doing a recall for this exact problem, but it is for models 2006-2007, and mine is a 2005. They will not honor the recall on my vehicle. I am afraid to take my vehicle anywhere at night or in the rain. I do not feel I should have to pay for the repair when they know it is an issue.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Jun 192013

Trailblazer

While putting the truck into 4X4 hi, lo, or all wheel drive, the transfer case never does fully put it into 4X4. While driving, the dim lights turn completely off. The brights work, but the dims do not. These will not turn back on until the truck is shut off or a proper bump is hit. The heater blower in the front sometimes will nit come on. The back will be blowing, not the front. Also if a bump is hit improperly, the back speakers will start buzzing.

- Brighton, IL, USA

Aug 012013

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Multiple times my Trailblazer has stalled without warning. It tends to happen when I am in a stopped position. Whether it is at a stop light or just stopping in general. It takes a minute and then restarts. It has also multiple times lost head lights. The last time was at 9pm while driving home with my children in the car. My headlights went out I had to pull over and the only way my lights would work was if I held my high beams on.

- Deerfield, WI, USA

Jul 062011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The date, mileage and mph were either estimated or just ut in since options did not include "unknown". when driving at night headlights sometimes turns off. Only the lowbeams turn off, but when driving with high beams it is dangerous but necessary (especially when on the highways). I called GM and they pretty much claimed that no one had ever complained about it. But I did research and it happens a lot.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Oct 062012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph, the head lights failed to illuminate. The contact stated that after turning the vehicle off and restarting it, the lights resumed normal function. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified about problem.the contact stated that the failure had recurred multiple times. The approximate failure mileage was 126,000.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Feb 272014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the low beams failed to illuminate. The contact mentioned that the high beams were able to function. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000 and the current mileage was 122,000. Updated 8/11/14 the consumer stated the headlights went out, for no reason. Updated 08/26/14

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 132007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Dash lights come on all the time.had it in to local dealer.we have took it in all the time they have replace everything they could to find problem.still didn't fix it. Warranted run out.even took in and pd for ourselves still not fixed lights come on now and stay on.can't keep taking in don't have money to take in.

- Van Buren, AR, USA

Jan 282014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Vehicle's headlamps will power surge, dim while driving periodically. Fuel sensor showed constant empty until repaired by the recall. Vehicle will occasionally surge forward revving on it's own at random times. The blower resistor pack has burnt up twice, the blower motor has been replaced as well as the melted wires.now the vehicle will not start. The power windows, locks, radio, dome lights, dash lights are inoperative and the vehicle will not attempt to turn over. Seems like this vehicle has had a lot of electrical issues.

- Dayton, IA, USA

Nov 072013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I went into town to grab dinner and as I am driving along, my headlights shut off. The only thing that remained on, were the orange turn signal lights. I frantically turned the headlight knob on an off and nothing happened. I was looking for a place to turn off the highway, however it was night time and I had no headlights. I ended up pulling over to the gravel side of the road, and turned the car off. Now I am stuck on the side of the highway at night time, with no working headlights. I turned the car off and got out, tapped the headlights and looked for any physical damage and did not find an answer. Upon starting the car again, it sounded like someone had turned on a vacuum cleaner. The noise pitched up for about 5 seconds before pitching back down. After re-starting the oil pressure gauge moved from its normal position at "12 O'clock" to an abnormal "6 O'clock". I tried to call onstar for a vehicle diagnostic, however now my radio would not work either. I tried the headlights again, and they still would not turn on. I turned on my high beams, and proceeded back home. While en route my speedometer was reading 10mph over my actual speed. When I pulled into my driveway and turned the car off, the speedometer stayed at 10mph. I find it very hard to believe that all of these things happened all at once as a coincidence. This is a huge safety concern as I lost the ability to see at night, as well as the ability to monitor my speed all while trying to drive. Not to mention all of the motorists who were blinded by my high beams on the way back.

- Green Lake , WI, USA

Jul 162011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Sometimes while driving my vehicle at night(and during the day), within (15-20 minutes into the drive) my headlights go off and do not come back on for a period of time. When this happens I usually have to pull over and let the vehicle sit for a period of time(15-60 minutes). This issue is intermittent and I can not predict when it will happen. But it happens enough that this poses a great safety risk to me and other drivers on the freeway.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Apr 042011

Trailblazer

While driving it appears that my headlights are receiving a surge of power which causes them to blink as if I am flashing my headlights. This has happened on and off for a couple of years now. Since this has started I have had to replace my headlights about every 6 to 8 months. After the third time I replaced the same headlight my mechanic showed me the fuse and stated that it seems there is a surge of power that causes the fuses to blow. I explained to him that my headlights seem to blink on their own every now and then and we did some research online and noticed that this seems to be a common problem in mid 2000 model Trailblazers. I contacted GM to make them aware with nothing more than a, "sorry for your inconvenience". I have also experienced issues with my door electronics. You can hear the power windows and door locks make a clicking sound as if they are being engaged without being operated. The speakers in the doors do not work after it rains or in very humid conditions. The power windows and door lock button lights work on and off and blink. The door/key chime rarely works. It seems to me that there is a serious issue regarding the electrical system of this model. I recently heard about the recall starting with 2006 models with electrical issues and I really believe this problem is not just isolated to the electronics in the door, but the overall electrical system in these vehicles. Considering the amount of complaints I have researched online it seems that these are common problems with these vehicles. Please for the safety of the consumers consider an investigation and recall into the full electrical system of this vehicle as it could be a serious safety hazard risking fire.

- Pleasant Garden, NC, USA

Apr 012009

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the vehicle headlights failed. The headlight low and high beam failed to illuminate. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who decided to replace the vehicle body module, the thermostat and the battery. The remedy failed to repair the problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 83,000.

- Harrogate , TN, USA

Aug 182011

Trailblazer

The low beams on my wife 2005 Trailblazer went out while we driving home to va from SC. They still wont work. Apparently mine aint the only vehicle with this problem. Why wont Chevy recall them and repair them.

- Weber City, VA, USA

Jul 042012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph the third tail light detached from the vehicle. The contact stated that the molding and the foam around the light had come undone. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was 120,000 and the failure mileage was unknown.

- Redding, MA, USA

Dec 302005

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the engine stalled without any warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The failure occurred sporadically. In addition, the headlights unintendedly failed to illuminate when activated on twenty separate occasions. The vehicle had been taken to an authorized dealer eights times for the same failures. The alternator was replaced three times and the failure continued to occur. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 300. Sm.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Sep 062011

Trailblazer

Intermittently while driving at various speeds the headlights and dash lights will go dim for a few seconds then return to normal. The voltage gauge also drops, then returns to normal.

- Groton, CT, USA

Nov 262011

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 40 mph, the headlights failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the multi-function unit would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000...updated 12/19/12.

- Ozark, AL, USA

Aug 022011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The Trailblazer I bought seem to be more of a headache the a sport vehicle. I wish I had look better at all the information the was out there. I will not purchase another one, or recommend this vehicle to anyone. Sorry I bought it.

- Wingdale, NY, USA