Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Aug 012013

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Multiple times my Trailblazer has stalled without warning. It tends to happen when I am in a stopped position. Whether it is at a stop light or just stopping in general. It takes a minute and then restarts. It has also multiple times lost head lights. The last time was at 9pm while driving home with my children in the car. My headlights went out I had to pull over and the only way my lights would work was if I held my high beams on.

- Deerfield, WI, USA

Jul 062011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The date, mileage and mph were either estimated or just ut in since options did not include "unknown". when driving at night headlights sometimes turns off. Only the lowbeams turn off, but when driving with high beams it is dangerous but necessary (especially when on the highways). I called GM and they pretty much claimed that no one had ever complained about it. But I did research and it happens a lot.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Oct 062012

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph, the head lights failed to illuminate. The contact stated that after turning the vehicle off and restarting it, the lights resumed normal function. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified about problem.the contact stated that the failure had recurred multiple times. The approximate failure mileage was 126,000.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Feb 272014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the low beams failed to illuminate. The contact mentioned that the high beams were able to function. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000 and the current mileage was 122,000. Updated 8/11/14 the consumer stated the headlights went out, for no reason. Updated 08/26/14

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 132007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Dash lights come on all the time.had it in to local dealer.we have took it in all the time they have replace everything they could to find problem.still didn't fix it. Warranted run out.even took in and pd for ourselves still not fixed lights come on now and stay on.can't keep taking in don't have money to take in.

- Van Buren, AR, USA

Jan 282014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Vehicle's headlamps will power surge, dim while driving periodically. Fuel sensor showed constant empty until repaired by the recall. Vehicle will occasionally surge forward revving on it's own at random times. The blower resistor pack has burnt up twice, the blower motor has been replaced as well as the melted the vehicle will not start. The power windows, locks, radio, dome lights, dash lights are inoperative and the vehicle will not attempt to turn over. Seems like this vehicle has had a lot of electrical issues.

- Dayton, IA, USA

Nov 072013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I went into town to grab dinner and as I am driving along, my headlights shut off. The only thing that remained on, were the orange turn signal lights. I frantically turned the headlight knob on an off and nothing happened. I was looking for a place to turn off the highway, however it was night time and I had no headlights. I ended up pulling over to the gravel side of the road, and turned the car off. Now I am stuck on the side of the highway at night time, with no working headlights. I turned the car off and got out, tapped the headlights and looked for any physical damage and did not find an answer. Upon starting the car again, it sounded like someone had turned on a vacuum cleaner. The noise pitched up for about 5 seconds before pitching back down. After re-starting the oil pressure gauge moved from its normal position at "12 O'clock" to an abnormal "6 O'clock". I tried to call onstar for a vehicle diagnostic, however now my radio would not work either. I tried the headlights again, and they still would not turn on. I turned on my high beams, and proceeded back home. While en route my speedometer was reading 10mph over my actual speed. When I pulled into my driveway and turned the car off, the speedometer stayed at 10mph. I find it very hard to believe that all of these things happened all at once as a coincidence. This is a huge safety concern as I lost the ability to see at night, as well as the ability to monitor my speed all while trying to drive. Not to mention all of the motorists who were blinded by my high beams on the way back.

- Green Lake , WI, USA

Jul 162011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Sometimes while driving my vehicle at night(and during the day), within (15-20 minutes into the drive) my headlights go off and do not come back on for a period of time. When this happens I usually have to pull over and let the vehicle sit for a period of time(15-60 minutes). This issue is intermittent and I can not predict when it will happen. But it happens enough that this poses a great safety risk to me and other drivers on the freeway.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Apr 042011

While driving it appears that my headlights are receiving a surge of power which causes them to blink as if I am flashing my headlights. This has happened on and off for a couple of years now. Since this has started I have had to replace my headlights about every 6 to 8 months. After the third time I replaced the same headlight my mechanic showed me the fuse and stated that it seems there is a surge of power that causes the fuses to blow. I explained to him that my headlights seem to blink on their own every now and then and we did some research online and noticed that this seems to be a common problem in mid 2000 model Trailblazers. I contacted GM to make them aware with nothing more than a, "sorry for your inconvenience". I have also experienced issues with my door electronics. You can hear the power windows and door locks make a clicking sound as if they are being engaged without being operated. The speakers in the doors do not work after it rains or in very humid conditions. The power windows and door lock button lights work on and off and blink. The door/key chime rarely works. It seems to me that there is a serious issue regarding the electrical system of this model. I recently heard about the recall starting with 2006 models with electrical issues and I really believe this problem is not just isolated to the electronics in the door, but the overall electrical system in these vehicles. Considering the amount of complaints I have researched online it seems that these are common problems with these vehicles. Please for the safety of the consumers consider an investigation and recall into the full electrical system of this vehicle as it could be a serious safety hazard risking fire.

- Pleasant Garden, NC, USA

Apr 012009

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the vehicle headlights failed. The headlight low and high beam failed to illuminate. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who decided to replace the vehicle body module, the thermostat and the battery. The remedy failed to repair the problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 83,000.

- Harrogate , TN, USA

Aug 182011

The low beams on my wife 2005 Trailblazer went out while we driving home to va from SC. They still wont work. Apparently mine aint the only vehicle with this problem. Why wont Chevy recall them and repair them.

- Weber City, VA, USA

Jul 042012

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph the third tail light detached from the vehicle. The contact stated that the molding and the foam around the light had come undone. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was 120,000 and the failure mileage was unknown.

- Redding, MA, USA

Dec 302005

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the engine stalled without any warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The failure occurred sporadically. In addition, the headlights unintendedly failed to illuminate when activated on twenty separate occasions. The vehicle had been taken to an authorized dealer eights times for the same failures. The alternator was replaced three times and the failure continued to occur. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 300. Sm.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Sep 062011

Intermittently while driving at various speeds the headlights and dash lights will go dim for a few seconds then return to normal. The voltage gauge also drops, then returns to normal.

- Groton, CT, USA

Nov 262011

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 40 mph, the headlights failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the multi-function unit would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000...updated 12/19/12.

- Ozark, AL, USA

Aug 022011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The Trailblazer I bought seem to be more of a headache the a sport vehicle. I wish I had look better at all the information the was out there. I will not purchase another one, or recommend this vehicle to anyone. Sorry I bought it.

- Wingdale, NY, USA

Feb 012011

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact noticed that the driver side headlight failed. The contact replaced the bulb three different times but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostics where the mechanic advised that the headlight wires were melted and the headlight assembly would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000. Updated 02/27/15

- Middletown, DE, USA

Apr 192011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I was driving on the freeway when I noticed my speedometer suddenly went to 100 miles an hour. I knew this could not be the case as my gps showed I was traveling at 55mph. It then went to 120miles an hour and flip. Flopped back and forth. I went to the Chevrolet dealership and they informed me it was the electrical cluster and even though there were many complaints, Chevrolet would not pay for it. The cost to me would be over $500 I live on a small social security check, so could not afford to repair it. Next at 85,000 miles the fuel gauge went haywire and would not register any fuel although I would fill it completely. Also, the lights blink off and on when I am driving at night, so, I am afraid I will be stranded somewhere in the dark with my car quitting all together. This was my last car purchase before I retired and I am just sick that the Chevrolet company will not fix these defects...they fix the same cluster in their Chevrolet trucks....why not in the cars? by the way, I just got a letter last week saying they would "split the cost " to fix the fuel gauge...(my cost is $200 1/3 of my social security check!!

- Winterville, GA, USA

Dec 012009

First was the right tail light caught fire and blew fuses, then I get power surges that cause the vehicle to accelerate randomly at the worst times and/or will also stall out, which can be potentially very dangerous or end in a fatal accident, it drops in rpms and lights dim then it accelerates... and the last thing is that the fuel gauge fluctuates dramatically and you can never tell how much fuel you really have... drive 10 miles at quarter of a tank and it either stays close to the same spot or drops and the light comes on for low fuel.

- Monongahela, PA, USA

Aug 112010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Headlights just shut off while driving. No rhyme or reason to it. Pulling over and flicking the lights on and off for a while usually gets them back on. Exact same problem as the current probe into the same model year of Dodge and Chrysler minivans!

- Orlando, FL, USA