Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 122009

Massive electrical problems with Chevy Trailblazer 1. while going 10 miles an hour, the speedometer jumps to 120mph then to 50mph then to 120mph again. 2. when I fill up with gas, the gas gauge states that the tank is still empty then moves to full then to a 1/4 then to full then to half etc... 3. while driving at night, my headlights go highbeam to low beam as if I am manually flashing my lights at other cars. I have read on the internet where this is happening to many many people with this same model of Chevrolet SUV and that GM refuses to do anything about this. -I called GM and advised them of the entire issue. They advised me to go to a dealership and have them run a diagnostic as this was needed before they could help me. -I went to the dealer and paid $115 for the diagnostic, needless to say the repairs that the dealer found Ranger over $3000 dollars. -I then called GM back and they took the information that the dealer gave me (donna at 1-866-790-5700 X21153) -I just got a call back from GM stating that because of the mileage on the SUV that they were not going to do anything (they knew about the mileage before they sent me to the dealership!). so I wasted $115 dollars for something that was not needed by GM, and the fact that they knew about the mileage to start off with is a way to let the dealer make some money off the consumer.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Aug 102005

My 2005 Trailblazers headlights flash when you let up off the gas pedal. Also, the amp gauge drops, the engine revs down and the inside fans and lights dim down. The flashing of the headlights is getting worse, and like others have reported, the traffic ahead thinks you are blinking them to either pull over, or speed up. I too notice it more in the colder months. I agree -this is definitely a safety hazard! something needs to be done about it. I have reported the problem, but they say nothing can be done. Purchased this SUV brand new, had problem from the beginning. Too many people with same problem. General Motors should be ashamed.

- Chincoteague, VA, USA

Dec 112008

My headlights and dash lights flicker while driving. Also while driving my lights will dim and the blower for heat & A/C will slow and then pick up to normal speed again. It also revs by itself, even in park and will go forward slightly when it does surge. These problems only started after the alternator was replaced. I think it is a safety hazard to have lights flickering and engine surges.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Nov 072008

The third brake light on my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer works yet the other two brake lights do not. The bulbs have been replaced and that is not the issue. Also, the headlights flicker to high beam at night for no reason. No one seems to know the issue.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Oct 262008

I have an 2005 Chevy Trailblazer that the lights constantly are flashing. They dim and then come very bright again non-stop. This can not be safe because for several instances they are so dim that you can't see in the dark. I have had the vehicle in several times when it was under warranty and GM said it was normal when the fan kicks on. Well it is not normal or is it safe. I can not manually flick the lights as fast as they flicker when I am driving down the road. It is very unsafe and GM needs to find a fix for it.

- North English, IA, USA

Oct 202008

Headlights and dashlights flicker erratically that it almost looks like you are flashing your lights at oncoming motorists. Have had it to the dealer more that six times for this without resolve. The dealer says it is normal, and they don't care if we get killed.

- Erie, CO, USA

May 292008

I own a 2005 Chevy trailbazer. The dash and headlights flicker and dim while night driving no one can find the problem.

- Machias, NY, USA

Aug 292008

Speedometer on my Trailblazer showed a wildly inaccurate speed reading. This reading was very low and could have resulted in a speeding/ safety situation. The speedometer could give a false reading allowing the driver to enter a curve or city at an unsafe speed. At a stoplight the needle pointed straight down instead of zero. I contacted GM who informed me that there are not enough complaints on this specific model to warrant a recall. As I understand it the components causing the failure in the models being recalled are the same as those in Trailblazers. My vehicle also has the dimming/flickering lights at night. GM has a technical bulletin out that says this is normal. There has to be a reason for these issues. I don't call losing lights at night normal. Nor do I have confidence that the lights will not fail completely.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Sep 062005

Driving at night the head lights dim then brighten the amp gauge drops to 9 then recharges again making the lights come on brighter. Had it to the dealer and they tell me nothing is wrong with it.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 012006

Headlights dim intermittently, heat looses power at the same time, now getting flickering of interior lights. Wasn't able to fix it. Bumper warping. Getting 10 miles to the gallon! paint on buttons wearing on radio. Sun roof leaked profusely, had it fixed. Rear window defogger doesn't work. Head liner sagged.

- New London, CT, USA

Dec 272007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Lights dim and brighten at night with corresponding drops in voltage on my wife's 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer lt. Looks like I am dimming my lights, have noticed responses from other motorists. Several Trailblazer owners are reporting this problem.

- Norris, SC, USA

Jul 152007

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

My head lights and dash board lights dim and flicker. My fuel gauge is never correct it will show empty right after a fill-up.

- Hickory Hills, IL, USA

Jun 042007

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Exterior lights and interior lights dim out randomly while driving. The service department at GM says it is normal and nothing they can do. Chevrolet has issued a bulletin regarding this. How safe can it be to drive at night with headlights dimming out?

- Camby, IN, USA

Dec 142005

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Night driving under normal circumstances the vehicle a Chevrolet trailblzer ls 2005 has a problem that randomly shuts off the headlights and dashboard lights. The Trailblazer decides to do this totally on its own at random. This causes a potentially deadly situation when on the interstate and your headlights go out and decide to come back on at random intervals maybe aproximately 15 to 20 seconds apart. Several attemps have been made to the Chevrolet dealership to get the problem repaired. Their comment is that they either cannot duplicate the problem or their is a service bulletin that explains the issue. I have done the procedures that the dealership described in the service bulletins with no success. Currently my Trailblazer is being repaired once again at terry lee Chevrolet as of 12-19-06. The last time that the vehicle was in for repair terry lee Chevrolet replaced what they had though was a faulty body control module. Replacing this module obviously did not rectify the problem and on Thursday 12-14-06 the problem once again returned. Since the vehicle is used to Transport my childeren and wife who have been driving primarily at night. I have become skeptical about whether or not the vehicle is safe to actually drive at night because you never know when the lights will decide to turn off by themselves and potentially cause them to be in an accident.

- Russellville, OH, USA