CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2.4

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jun 122016

Trailblazer

Passenger low beam headlight has gone out several different times over the 5 years we've owned it. Had a relay switched out that helped for a little bit. Also had to change the wiring right by the headlight because it was burnt up. We took it to Chevy in devils lake, nd. I seem to notice other Trailblazers driving around with the same headlight burnt out.

- Devils Lake, ND, USA

Feb 012016

Trailblazer

Day/dim lights kept going off while driving at dark. And now they wont come on at all. Having to drive with brights on. Just wandering what do I do. Or how much would it cost to fix it. Im tired of getting bright lighted from other cars that I pass. Theres been a recall for this particular problem but my vehicle is not on there. Not sure on the date below, just and estimate.

- Canton, TX, USA

Nov 222016

Trailblazer

The headlights and gauges keep dimming while driving.they will flash.the headlights will go off completely and then come back on after a minute or so.it is very dangerous when the headlights go off while driving at night.I have seen several complaints of the same trouble.the 2006 models were recalled for this problem but the 2005 models were not.why when they have the same dangerous issues?this needs to be recalled and fixed before someone is killed by the lights going off causing a wreck.this problem has happened allot every since I purchased this Trailblazer several years ago.

- Vinton, OH, USA

Nov 162016

Trailblazer

Occasionally headlights go out at night while driving. I see that 2006-07 were recalled but many others with a 2005 also complained of the same issue I'm having.

- Granger, IN, USA

Nov 092016

Trailblazer

The low beam headlamps fail simultaneously. This occurs while driving at night. I have replaced the hdm solid state relay twice, but after a time. 6 months to a year, the failure occurs again. Once the hdm module became to hot to touch upon failing. This last time, the third, the lights may come on again after some time has passed. It is as if the module is short circuiting or overheating leading to a short circuit.

- Windsor, VA, USA

Nov 042016

Trailblazer

2005 has the same headlight malfunction as the 2006 headlight go out by themselves, thus causing a unsafe condition on the hwy. They should be on recall too. This has happened 4 times since I 1 owner had vehicle.

- Zephyrhills, FL, USA

Jan 242016

Trailblazer

My daytime running lights low beams come on and off, I replaced the driver control module relay, the bulbs, fuses under the hood, and the multifunction switch. My light's still come on and off. I don't know what to do now about this matter. Please help me. It happens on stationary, in motion on city and highway street at random. I have nothing to upload the work has been done by me. This has been going on for just about 3 months now, I can't drive at night.

- Ocean, NJ, USA

Mar 262014

Trailblazer

While driving at night, low beam headlamps go out completely. High beams still work and are the only option for getting home. Has happened multiple times. The first time it happened we were traveling away from home. We were on the highway and realized that we had no headlights. Very dangerous situation and from looking online - this seems to be a very common problem without a solution. Shop can't help unless they are doing it at the time.

- Siloam Springs, AR, USA

Oct 252015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Blazer. While driving at approximately 30 mph, the low beam headlights were activated and illuminated intermittently. The instrument panel warning indicators also illuminated. In addition, the high beam headlights experienced the same failure when activated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000. The VIN was not available.

- Barker, NY, USA

Oct 032015

Trailblazer

Headlights go out while driving at night. Very scary

- Lenoir City, TN, USA

Sep 142015

Trailblazer

Low beam lighting was out when the vehicle was turned on at 2030. It did not come on while driving (20 minutes) so I had to use the high beams. I did check multiple times while driving.

Sep 072015

Trailblazer

I was leaving a parking lot at dark and my low beam headlights were working. After exiting the parking lot to the road, I note that the low beams were out. I then had to drive through town on the busiest roads with my high beams on. It was approximately 2100 and the temperature was in the 70's.

Aug 262015

Trailblazer

While driving after dark, the low beam headlights went out. The high beam lights continued to work. This is a recurring issue and seems to occur more once the vehicle has been running for some time. The lights did not come back on until the car was left parked overnight.

Aug 162015

Trailblazer

While driving southbound on I-75 in Michigan at approximately 9:10 pm on August 16, 2015, the low beam head lights went out near mile marker 180. The high beam lights and running lights continued to work. The low beam lights remained off until after I exited I-75 at the southbound 155 exit. After leaving the exit and driving an additional 4 miles, I again tried the low beams and they worked. I later got back into the vehicle (after it was off for approximately 30 minutes) and the low beam lights were again off. They would not come back on and I left the vehicle. The following morning, the low beam lights were functioning again. This situation has been reported to the executive customer service office at GM and they have stated that there is not a current recall and therefore they will not repair it.

Jun 222014

Trailblazer

The low beam headlight on my 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer turn off while I am driving down the road with no notice. The first time this occurred was on lawndale/7 mile road in saginaw county Michigan in June 2014. The incident has happened several times since, most recently on 8/8/15 on greenwood road in alger mi. The low beam lights go out for no reason and cannot be turned back on. The high beam lights will work. The low beam lights will later turn on on their own. It generally takes several minutes before this happens. Several times this has occurred on dark, county roads which increase the danger to the occupants of my vehicle and other passengers on the road. I have contacted GM and their executive office and was informed that while the issue is a recall for the 2006 model year, because my vehicle was built in June 2005 it is not covered.

Oct 152014

Trailblazer

Lights go out/dim while driving. No additional electrical items in use-heater, ac, gps, radio, cigarette lighter. Does not appear to be affected or caused by speed, acceleration, deceleration. Fule tank will sometimes register empty while mostly full. Do not notice problem during daylight driving.

- Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Aug 032015

Trailblazer

The dim headlights will start flashing for no apparant reason.

- Stokesdale, NC, USA

May 132015

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving home one night around 9:30 pm from the local wal-mart, I turned out onto a highway/public street and my head lights went out. They would not come back on no matter what I did. I went home thinking my lights were completely out but when I pulled into my drive and hit the high beams they worked just fine. My low beams did not come back on until early the next morning. It has happened several times since then.

- Jackson, MO, USA

Jun 152015

Trailblazer

The contact owns 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, there was a burning odor inside the vehicle. The contact pulled over and inspected the head lights and noticed they were melted on the inside. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 092015

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My low beam headlights stopped working completely now. They have gone out intermittently before, but they would not come on at all on Thursday, April 9th, 2015, and have not come on since then.

- Huntsville, AL, USA