Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Window switch recall taillight short melted wires harness engine light indicator stays on road grip tires light comes on will stay on for days power steering is using fluid and now fuel tank will not take more than 5 gallons at a time and sprays gas back if tank is full fuel level indicator want register stay below empty and windshield leaks down into dash

- Rutledge, AL, USA

Aug 012015

On August 2014, general motor decided that a defect which relates driver's door was not working properly it was to be replaced a safety related defect corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board causing the power door lock's and window switches to function intermittently or stop working in November of 2014 at the rochester, mn dealer was to install a new door module at no charge to me the Chevrolet dealer rochester, said they performed the service that November 2014 but as of today the power door 's lock and window switches are doing just what the recall said after the service was performed should not do so on July 2015 I retune to the dealer and told them about the lock and window switches not working and was told by the dealer I need to pay $130 dollars or more to have them fix the problem I told the rochester, dealer it was on a recall to be fix at a no charge to myself and was told they did fix the problem back in 2014 now the $130 is to see why the problem is back !!

- Rochester, MN, USA

Feb 012015

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

4WD switch no longer lit up to show what it was in (4 options: 2wd, auto, 4H, 4L). Control module changed and now stability control is permanently lit up as well as original problem exists. Other than to continue to change part after part after part and sink thousands of dollars into an undiagnosible problem there doesn't seem to be an answer. Meantime the vehicle is unsafe to drive.

- Canton, NY, USA

Dec 262014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

4WD disengages and becomes 2wd only 4WD will not reengage.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Dec 022013

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at about 60mph my ABS light came on an my car started jerking as the anti lock brakes kicked in. I let up off the gas but as soon as I applied the gas it continued, I then pulled over to turn the engine off I let it sit for about 5 min an started it back up an it was fine. This has happened several times over, an usually when I am going at a higher rate of speed. I would say it has happened at least 10X in the past year.

- Pekin, IL, USA

May 232014

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

Driving down interstate 79 in Pennsylvania at normal speed when my airbag light lit up and my air bag disengaged flashed, followed by more lights on the dash going on, and tracking disengaged flashed, then engine light came on, engine failure flashed as I started moving toward the right hand lane in heavy traffic. Just as I made it to the right lane my power cut out and I was going 20 - 25 mph in two seconds flat. I swerved to the berm of the road as the four wheeler semi truck that was behind me nearly clobbered me. I inched on the berm at 20 mph to the bridgeville exit and got to the colussy Chevrolet dealer where my car stopped dead in the service dept. First, they thought battery, but the battery was fine. It was ignition switch failure which caused my air bags to disengage and my losing power. I was lucky I wasn't killed!! the cost of repairs was $337 but I was told that my 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer was not on the GM recall list, even though I had the exact things go wrong with the vehicles on the ignition switch recall list. And they repaired it the same way, with no guarantee that this wouldn't happen again!!! this is not a "vehicle" recall, it is a "parts" recall and my vehicle had to have the ignition switch replaced. I called the GM ignition switch recall hotline and they escalated my case up and up and everyone said the same thing....they are sorry for my distress, my inconvenience but my vehicle is not on the recall list so they cannot replace the cost to repair my vehicle. Perhaps if the semi truck that was behind me killed me, they might acknowledge my safety concerns for the ignition switch (part) and not my vehicle!!!

- Bridgeville, PA, USA

Apr 282014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Since getting my car about 4 mos ago, the stabilitrak service light & indicator lights would come on, and it put the brake on by its self, the first time it did this, it scared me because I was going about 40 mph and all of a sudden the brake almost stopped me, it has done this 2 or 3 times a week since, I talked to the Chevy service dept., and they said it was safe to drive as long as I was careful, until I could get it checked out, I didn't have $80 an hr., to do that. On 04/28/14, about 10pm while driving on wet road, it happened again, going around a slight curve, it put the brake on by its self, causing my vehicle to go into a skid, it went off the road and rolled over several times, its a total loss, thank god no one got hurt. They should not have this kind of equipment on vehicles that does this kind of thing. I hope they will fix this problem before someone gets hurt or killed.

- Arnett, WV, USA

Jan 152013

Trailblazer 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the stability light illuminated as the vehicle began to decelerate independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

May 152012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Recently, I filled my gas tank & low fuel light warning displayed and low fuel light came on. Since then the check engine light is on steady (not blinking) most of the time. The fuel gauge floats back and forth never really letting you know it's true status. The dealers and public know about this issue- yet Chevy refuses to take responsibility and fix the product. It is frustrating & nerve wracking to never know how much fuel you have at any given time, as well as the constant warning lights/ chimes during driving. This is the second serious issue I have had with this vehicle- just a month before had to repair safety issue of stabilitrak turning on at random, after twice it slowed my vehicle- without warning- on the thruway from 55 mph to about 20 mph. I had documentation of 4 trips to dealer for this concern within the first year of ownership but "the computer doesn't show a problem" so 5 years later I finally had the code show up after a close call almost accident. This concern is all over the internet as well & even with contacting Chevrolet & the nys attorney general they still only covered half the cost of the repair. Chevrolet needs to take responsibility for the safety of their products and obviously will not unless recalls are mandated- I urge you to do just that. Thank you

- Youngstown, NY, USA

Jun 062012

Stabilitrak/ABS engaging randomly while driving at regular and highway speeds!!!! while driving on the highway at 60mph stabilitrak light comes on, vehicle reduces speed, I can not accelerate, loud grinding sound from front end, vibration felt from brake pedal when I tried to depress the brakes. I had to pull over turn the vehicle off and restart. Very dangerous and scary situation semi was behind me and had to swerve to the other lane to avoid hitting me!!!!

- Glenwood, IL, USA

Sep 082008

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Driver side speaker intermittently comes on (rarely). Driver side window switch intermittently works. It used to intermittently fail, now it rarely works. Occasionally, all the driver controls on the dashboard go dead and the radio doesn't work. The lock doesn't work. The ABS light and traction control light always illuminate. This intermittent electrical problem has been one big headache and it all seems to point to the drivers side window switch which is under investigation for fires. There is a defect in these window switches and the owners of the vehicles should not be burdened financially because of this.

- Fuquay Varina, NC, USA

Feb 022010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

All repairs done within 20,000 of use (purchased used at 50,000 currently have 70,000) back windshield water pump does not work brake lights/left signal light are not working correctly, back up lights illuminate when braking left front driver side tie metal rods visible due to suspension errors causing too much wear on tire service stability track error check engine light on bottom of car is rusting out ABS failed on ice car runs rough left outer tie rod end replaced front/rear alignment done front brakes replaced rear brakes replace left front wheel barring replaced left rear brake caliber replaced driver master switch replaced windshield washer pump replaced fuel level sensor replaced left outer tie rod replaced (second time) front end alignment ignition switch replaced water pump replaced solenoid replaced front hub R/F replaced front disc brake pads replaced brake rotor replaced rear disc brake pad replaced rear brake rotor replaced gas cap replaced tail light assembly L/R. battery replaced.

- Windham, NH, USA

Oct 012008

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Purchased vehicle on 09-08, with roughly 45000, check engine light comes on and off, after several months of going back and forth at Chevy dealer they determined it was a faulty cylinder head on the number four cylinder. Filed bbc complaint and spoke with Chevy who refused to do anything. Couple months later and approx mileage 60000, the fuel gauge no longer works causing me to run out of gas a couple different times. About the same time, the stability control system dash lights would intermittently come on and off. I have not contacted Chevy about the other two issues as I felt they would not do anything the same as the head problem.

- St Charles , MO, USA

Nov 122008

Acs/ service stabilitrak light comes on while driving and to get it to go off I have to stop and turn the vehicle off and back on again. Also fuel gauge goes from full to empty even on a full tank of gas. When I turn my heat on it will only work on numbers 1-4. number 5 is completely out. Also there's a squeak in my brakes that I cant get to go away. I replaced the rotors and brakes and had 2 new front wheel speed sensors put on because I was told that was what was causing the service stabilitrak light to come on. But that didn't fix my problem either. I have been told that because I bought my vehicle used and it had miles on it when purchased that nothing is covered under a warranty.

- Gilbert, WV, USA