CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 1 of 22)

Jul 112013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After starting the car, I watched the half tank fuel gauge drop to empty. I went to fill up the tank and it didn't take but about a half a tank. The gauge still show empty and warning low fuel was on. Soon the engine light came on after driving a short distance. The fuel gauge continues to show empty.. the tank is full.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Jul 012013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Just filled gas tank at service station. When restarting the engine the fuel gauge read empty and hasn't changed.

- Papillion, NE, USA

Jun 242013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My 2006 Chevy Trailblazer has been having difficulties with the fuel gage. No matter how much gas I put in the gage shoots to over full, then within a day goes to empty and warning light goes on. I called my dealership as my car's warranty expired 6 months ago, and was told it was problem the gas tank unit or sender and that it could cost up to $1000 to fix. After doing some research I come across several other complaints to this same effect and GM is only willing to pay for 50% of the repair costs. My vehicle only has 43,000 miles and is in perfect condition with regular maintenance. There should be a recall on this item ad GM should be responsible for full payment of repairs.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

May 112012

Trailblazer

The fuel gauge has stopped working, my research shows that is a big problem, it shows empty all the time.

- Oneonta, AL, USA

Sep 112012

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the driver side window started opening and closing independently. In addition, the side mirror started moving forward and backward independently and without activation. After parking the vehicle, the engine would shut itself off and the entire electrical system would become inoperable. Also, none of the doors could be unlocked and the failure would recur for several minutes before the contact would be able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer who advised that the power window module was defective, causing all of the electrical system to become inoperable. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V406000: (electrical system) but her VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who confirmed that the contact's VIN was not included in the recall, offering no further assistance. The failure mileage was 71,000. Updated 10/10/12 updated 10/10/2012

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Sep 222011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The fuel gauge read 3/4 of a tank so we did not stop to get gas, thinking we had enough to get home. 3min later we ran out on the hwy with 4 children in the car 2 that are under the age of 2.

- Morrow , OH, USA

Oct 042011

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The gas gauge does not work and is a safety concern. The first time this occurred was at the gas station after I filled up. Over the past 8 months it became worse and now it stays on empty even with a full tank. I purchased this car used from a BMW dealer just last July. I have researched online and have seen where this is a very common problem among Chevy Trailblazers that may involve a fuel sensor.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 162011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the fuel gauge displayed an empty reading even though fuel was present in the fuel tank. The contact received a notice from the manufacturer stating that they were aware of the failure. The manufacturer also stated that the fuel sensor needed to be replaced before it completely failed. The contact also stated that this failure could lead to additional failures. The manufacturer offered to pay for half of the repair costs. The failure mileage was 55,000 and the current mileage was 62,000. Updated 07/13/12 updated 07/18/12

- Tallahasse, FL, USA

Apr 302012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Gas gauge fluctuates, filled gas tank, moments later it went down to empty (warning light and sound went off). This has happened for the past week. Prior to this the check engine would sporadically go off and on, probably an early indicator that there was a problem with the fuel gauge.

- Johns Creek, GA, USA

Dec 012010

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the fuel gauge was defective and as a result, she was unable to tell the level of fuel in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the fuel sensor and fuel pump needed to be replaced at a cost of $ $600. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who offered to pay for half of the repair costs. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 90,000 and the current mileage was 108,000. Updated 06/26/12 the consumer stated she ran out of gas twice. Updated 06/27/11

- Gardner, KS, USA

Jan 092012

Trailblazer

Gas gauge stopped working for no apparent reason. Needle jumps from full to empty to half, etc. While driving. Unable to gauge how much gas is in the tank.

- Fort Plain, NY, USA

May 042012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the fuel gauge was defective and would read empty when the fuel tank was full. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 88,000.

- Conway , MO, USA

Aug 212008

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Fuel gauge suddenly became inaccurate. Reads empty and chimes empty even when full. Since it happens intermittently, it has caused me to run out of gas more than once in past three years. Received blanket offer from manufacturer to cover half of the expense, so they know it is an issue, but should be a total recall for safety.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Nov 012011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Everytime I would fill up the car, it would go to E with the light on and now it stays on empty. Can't tell how much ga is in it. It should be a Chevrolet recall since it is happening to a lot of Chevrolet owns.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jan 052012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Fuel gauge reads empty and check engine light illuminates after fill up. Usually returns to normal in a few days.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Mar 192012

Trailblazer

My gas gauge went bad and at first I was not aware and my car just lost power in the middle of the highway. Now its going to cost me $500 to fix and GM doesn't want to take care of this step up to the plate this is nuts!!!! I have read multiple websites and I agree with every angry and upset customer if it a default then it should be fixed by the company. Very poor customer service.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Aug 232007

Trailblazer

Window doesn't roll down or stay up. Gas gauge broke.. engine light and catalytic converter light stays on. Handle design on door came off. Engine went out due to a pistol loose.

- Silex, MO, USA

Sep 012010

Trailblazer 6-cyl

This vehicle had the fuel level sensor fail at 98,000 miles at this time I went in to get a replacement part only to find that one was not available so with no other option we drove it without a fuel level gauge then GM sent out a special option coverage letter stating that they would cover 50% of the parts and labor of the repair so I again looked into a replacement part and found that one was now available so I had the repair done. Only to find out that now GM is refusing to cover the repair because now the vehicle has 142000 miles on it after spending months of trying to get them to stand behind their product I had the BBB look into the issue and got no where so I had the states attorney general look into it and got no where now it is time for everyone to say enough and force GM to recall all 865,000 vehicles and do the right thing already. I really don't care if this will bankrupt their company that is the risk that they take when they put defective parts into the market and then don't do the right thing and replace them at their own cost not pass the cost onto their customers as they are trying to do.

- Thompsonville, MI, USA

Dec 222011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After taking my vehicle in for yearly inspection my mechanic informed me that the alternator bearings are bad and that it needs immediate repair. I was informed that this is serious because the vehicle may give me problems at any time without warning. This is extremely unsettling to me because I have to have a vehicle I can depend on to drive my husband to an out of town hospital at any given moment, and drive on an extremely busy highway.(the schuykill expressway) my mechanic stated that this is very unusual because the vehicle had less than 30,000 miles and this doesn't usually till at least 100,000 miles. Another problem is the gas gauge has not worked for two years, again this is unsettling because of driving out of town at any time of day or night on a busy highway. General Motors said they would pay half of the repair but why must I pay anything when it is apparent that the part they used was faulty.

- Birdsboro, PA, USA

Mar 142012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I just purchased a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer approximately a month ago. I have noticed that my fuel gauge tends to go ballistic when it wants and where it wants. It's like my truck can not decide if there is gas in the tank or not. I find this to be a major safety hazard. All I can find online is GM is offering to pay half on selected models as long as they meet requirements. Ok the government bailed GM out, how come they can't be forced to correct the problem that their shoddy parts created"!?!? from what I've found, this is a very wide range problem. Considering I just purchased this vehicle, I don't have the money to even pay half for the repair.....so what, I'm just stuck like chuck" at least Ford fixes their screw ups!

- Edgewood, TX, USA