Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

May 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle stalled. Upon inspection, it was found that the fuel tank was empty. The contact mentioned that the fuel gauge indicated that fuel levels were adequate. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was not available.

- Fallston , MD, USA

Apr 022013

My fuel gauge is starting to fluctuate. I just filled it up and when I go down the road it will go down at least a quarter of a tank and when I stop and let it run idle for awhile it will go back to where it was. It just started this past week. From what I am reading, it won't belong before I will have to spend another bunch of money into it. Last month I had to put a new throttle body on it because the sensors went bad and with this year the sensors are in the throttle body, so you have to buy the whole thing. As I was getting into the vehicle about a month ago, the part for the seat controls on the bottom side of the seat just busted off. Everytime it gets colder out, the stabilitrak system won't stay on. It was always off in the winter time, never worked. When living in Michigan and getting lake effect snow alot of the time, it would be nice to have it available. I will never buy another GM product. Been buying them and my family members for more than 50 years, more and more of the newer vehicles have too many problems. I don't make that much money to keep putting money into a vehicle that is supposedly reliable and take days off of work to get them fixed. No thank you.

- Hudsonville, MI, USA

Mar 202013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Over the past month there has been a major problem with my fuel gauge. I put gas in my car and the gage moves up then goes back down to empty in seconds. Everyday I have to put at least 2 gallons of gas in my SUV to keep it from stopping on a street or freeway because I'm out of gas. It's hard to judge how much gas is in my Trailblazer!when I put gas in my SUV the fuel gauge does not stay nor move on the proper gallons of gas I have in my tank!

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 202013

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the vehicle was full of gasoline however, the fuel gauge would erroneously register the fuel tank as being empty. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle stalled twice while driving 35 mph. The contact did not take the vehicle to the dealer or a mechanic for diagnostic testing or repairs. The contact self diagnosed the vehicle as having a faulty fuel line. The contact had to refuel in order to restart the vehicle, although there was fuel already in the fuel tank. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 292013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Left home for a local store (approx 2miles away) and fuel gauge read 1 notch under full. Left store and drove approx. 1/2 mile, fuel gauge gradually dropped to 3/4 full. Continued to drive and in another 1/2 mile fuel gauge gradually dropped from 3/4 to 1/2 full. Drove another 1 1/2 mile to gas station and added 2.75 gallons of 87 reg gas. Fuel gauge returned to 1 notch under full. Next day drove to store approx. 6 miles away as I was driving the fuel gauge gradually dropped from 1 notch under full to 3/4 full. Arrived at destination and shut off vehicle, waited about 1 minute and restarted vehicle. Gas gauge read 1/1/2 notches under full.

- Hicksville, NY, USA

Jul 152011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated the fuel gauge stopped functioning and displayed empty at all times. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and agreed to cover fifty percent of the repair cost. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- South Charleston, WV, USA

Nov 152012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While picking my children up from school on 11/15/2012 I smelled burning plastic, then I looked down at the drive door it was smoking really bad. I put the car and park and opened the door, a police officer was near as I was in the school zone he saw the smoke coming from my car and ask me was I okay. He turned the car off unsure if a fire was started on the inside of the door. After about an hour the smoke stopped, but my main power window and door was not working anymore. My car smelled like burning plastic for months. I was advised that the motor may have burned out and it would cost $550 to have repaired. I noticed on 01/26/2013 my gas gauge was not working. I stopped at a local gas station and filled my car up with $62 worth the gas and when I turned the car on it showed my car was on empty and the gauge light remained lit along with my engine light. So I turned the car back off and waited about 30 sec and turned it back on it stayed the same. I took it to the shop and was advised the fuel sensor was bad and I would need to have a new fuel pump put in. I bought my car on 02/27/2010 pre-owned with 76,000 miles on it, and was given a car fax report, and it was clean. I read all these reviews about the 2007 Trailblazers and it seems they all have the same issues. These issues need to be corrected as they have to be a manufacture defect.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 172011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The fuel sending unit failed in the tank, it will not register the fuel level on the dash board gauge.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Feb 212013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

After filling the gas tank at a local wawa gas station that I've used since owning the vehicle, I began to head home after work. As I left the parking lot and proceeded to merge onto the main highway my fuel gauge and fuel pump completely stopped working, truck had shut off as if it had run completely out of gas, which was not the case as I had just filled the 22 gallon tank with approx. 20 gallons of fuel. Thankfully I was able to keep the fuel pump operating after letting the truck sit for about 15 minutes, but the fuel gauge is no longer operational, but who knows how long the fuel pump will operate properly. Unfortunately my fiance and child now have to drive this vehicle due to the fact of our second vehicle being sold. It has now become a safety issue as there is no bearing on fuel level in vehicle. I've done research and found this issue to be a recurring theme for the model years 2005 - 2007 as well as seeing special policy letters sent out by GM to acquaintances with the same model year SUV for a rebated repair from a licensed GM dealer and yet I've not received one. Its now affecting the registration process for my vehicle to comply with state regulations. I do not feel as though any responsibility should fall on the consumer for a part that was poorly fabricated by the manufacturer.

- New Castle, DE, USA

Dec 102012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

We need your help! ***faulty gas gauge*** our 19-year-old daughter drives our 2007 Chevy Trailblazer, which apparently has a known problem of a faulty gas gauge. Our daughter noticed her gas gauge "dropped" to E and she believed she was about to be stranded on a dangerous part of the highway at night and she panicked. At first, we thought she just forgot to fill up. After it happened again, we researched the problem only to find that NHTSA and Chevrolet already knows of the problem and neglected to initiate a total recall or any notification at all. We never even received a warning letter in the mail from Chevrolet. However, we routinely receive other, apparently more important correspondence, such as, sales literature for warranties and onstar. *** this was one of your daughters and she was stranded because of a false reading, and something horrible happened to her because she was stranded, I think you would address this issue more aggressively****** we have read that Chevy will pay for 1/2 of the repair. This is not good enough. We do not have the money. This is a quality control issue on Chevy?S part, not a wear and tear issue on our part. We are counting on you to implore that Chevy completely take care of this repair free of charge to us. Taking time off from work and school, plus the threat of possibly stalling in traffic and being killed in an accident is inconvenience enough. Please help before something especially terrible happens to anyone. Thank you.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Aug 012012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Within the past 6 months, various electrical and fuel problems have emerged: The fuel gauge no longer functions at all (it always shows "empty"); the A/C works intermittently; the rear A/C and heater do not function regularly; the service engine light is always lit; odd and random issues with the stereo system occur (stations & settings randomly changing on their own, powering on/off by itself, not powering on/off as it should, & only one speaker is working at the moment); the key not releasing from the ignition; engine not turning over to start; battery dying without reason; power steering failure; alt. Gauge dropping; reduced engine power while on the highway (suddenly limiting speed to 20 mph or less); rear wiper turning on by itself; power seat malfunctioning; rough engine idle; entire instrument panel lighting up; running out of fuel while the gauge indicates that there is ample fuel in the tank; brake lamps not functioning; reduced gas mileage. On 02/25/2013, the controls on the driver's side doors stopped working; the windows will not operate or lock/unlock, the exterior mirrors will not adjust, and the locking mechanism will not work. I have brought the vehicle to the dealership for diagnostic testing at least a half dozen times, and each time no problems were detected, no explanations given, and no remedies suggested! from what I've gathered, there were recalls issued for electrical/wiring problems as well as fuel gauge problems, yet I have never received notice of any such recalls from GM!

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jan 262013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Fuel gauged does not report correct level of fuel in the tank. Also causes other errors to be reported as problems that are not real.

- Clinton , MS, USA

Jun 162012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Some of the items forthcoming happen all together and/or intermittently separate. The initial issues noticeably started upon my arrive in South Carolina, but it was not something that immediately recognized before my relocation, because I thought it was something I did myself. I came out to my car on Saturday, 6/16/12. My car window was down and some items were stolen. I did not see any glass on the ground so I thought I left the window down myself and someone just stolen items. After speaking with the complex security and reporting the incident to hoa, I came out the truck again it smelled of wires burning and the window was down again. Several days later the tire pressure light was on and took the truck to get the wheels balanced and oil change at Firestone. The tire pressure light would not go out, nor did the engine and oil light go out. A few months after that the smell of wires burning happened again and the engine remained on for over 2 weeks, then went off. In the late fall there was a really bad thunderstorm and when arrived to truck after work; running in rain, I saw that my window was down and I could not get the window back up for about 5 minutes. I was soaked and so was the car. The truck received an oil change recently and all the lights would not go out and the walmart mechanic who did the oil change stated that he smelled gas and some wires burning, lights on panel would not go out. Smell of wires burning. Engine light comes on and stays on for days-then goes off by itself. All lights emergency lights on panel intermittently on (oil/traction/tire pressure). Fuel gauge shows/clicks as full, smells like gas in truck and runs out of fuel with gauge showing full. Driver's window goes down when keys are not in truck. Heating knob on off, still blowing hot or cold air and gauge does not turn on past 2. lights dim when using power button for windows.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 152012

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The contact noticed that the fuel gauge displayed and inaccurate reading of one quarter full when the fuel tank was actually empty. The contact called roadside assistance and was assisted by having fuel dispense ned into the tank and the vehicle resumed normally. An independent mechanic inspected the vehicle and advised that the fuel pump would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Dec 122011

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My 2007 Trailblazer started giving inaccurate fuel gauge readings at a little over 50000. Initially it might show a partially filled tank when it was full. Now at about 58000miles it just shows empty all the time. When I contacted the dealer they said GM would only pay one-half the $500 needed to repair the gauge. When I researched the problem on line I learned that perhaps thousands of Trailblazer owners had the same problem. This seems unfair, obviously it is a problem GM needs to recognize as a vehicle defect and recall and fix them. Thanks

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 262012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

While driving, fuel gauge indicated 1/4 tank. The next minute the fuel gauge dropped to empty and the low fuel indicator light came on. Rushed to the closest gas station and filled up. The pump indicated 15 gallons on the fill up but the tank holds over 20. Started driving, the fuel gauge showed full, then dropped to empty (low fuel light came on) and then the tank went back up to full. After a few days of driving, the gauge appears to be stuck on 3/4 full.

- Independence, OH, USA

Oct 152012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

The fuel gauge is not reading properly. After a fillup, I drove to work, when I drove home later, the gas gauge read near empty. I thought someone stole gas from my tank. I get off work at midnight and live in a rural area, so I was very worried about running out of gas before I got home. (there are no gas stations on my route). Next day I got a can of gas to fill the tank enough to get me to a station, and I found the tank to be full. Since then the gauge has been fluctuating between half full and empty activating the low fuel warning light. This is very unnerving and I won't let my wife drive it now. Asked about this problem at a repair shop and they told me this is common and GM will pay half repair cost. Contacted Chevrolet and the help line confirmed they have a program to fix this problem at half price. If this is such a common problem, why should I have to pay anything to get repairs done when they are admitting it is defective?.

- Swan Lake, NY, USA

Sep 032012

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving at approximately 30 mph, the fuel gauge reading decreased rapidly and the fuel warning light suddenly indicated empty. The contact refueled the vehicle and immediately after refueling, the fuel warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The failure recurred sporadically. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that there were no recalls for the vehicle but a special coverage that would assist with fifty percent of the repair costs. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000.

- Kuna, ID, USA

Jun 042012

Fuel gauge will drop to empty once it hits my half tank reading. I fill tank up and once the fuel gauge reaches half a tank, it will drop to empty as I am driving. It will move erratic while driving. Cannot tell how much gas I have once it reaches 1/2 tank. Afraid to stall while driving and running out of gas. Cannot afford to be filling up gas tank!!

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 102012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Fuel gauge quit working properly. While fuel tank was full, gauge went to empty and fuel warning light came on. Around 1/4 tank, fuel warning light goes off and gauge starts reading random values.

- Topeka, KS, USA