CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

1.6

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Feb 282016

Trailblazer

Loss of both drl's and headlights while driving at night, while vehicle was in motion on interstate 10.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Dec 082015

Trailblazer

The headlights on the vehicle go out at random times, several times while driving at night the lights have gone out, the last time I was entering a highway and ended up using the high beams so I wouldn't go off the road. This is a very dangerous safety concern.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Sep 062015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 35 mph at night, the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to two independent mechanics and the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the low beam module needed replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000. Updated 04/08/16 updated 04/14/16.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Nov 102015

Trailblazer

There is time the key will keep turn engine over even when you let go of key, #2 headlamp and daytime driving lite sometimes won't won't work properly. And the last thing is my driver side master doesn't work properly when it rain.

- Newfield, NY, USA

Oct 152015

Trailblazer

Oct 15, 2015 headlights turned off while driving at night. Short trip on local streets finished without lights. Dealer, 10-16-15, replaced hcm fuze #53. Nov 3, 2015 headlights again turned off while driving at night. Trip finished with fog lights. Owner replaced hcm fuze #53. Nov 12, 2015 headlights again failed while driving at night. Trip finished with fog lights. Owner felt hcm, it was very hot. Lights turned on again in morning after hcm cooled. Fuze not replaced. Vehicle mileaage is approx 70,000. This vehicle VIN not included in GM recall #14291. This is definitely a serious safety issue!

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Oct 142013

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the low beam headlights failed without warning. The contact then was required to activate the headlights to high beam. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the headlight module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,157....updated 03-10-16

- Southampton, PA, USA

Oct 152014

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving 30 mph, the headlights failed without warning. The contact stated that the failure was intermittent. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V519000 (exterior lighting). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 101,000.

- Talahassee, FL, USA

Jun 152015

Trailblazer

While driving at any speed the headlights go out and the high beams have to be used in order to see safely. This is very dangerous and unsafe thus can cause an accident. I understand there is a recall on this but our cars VIN number is not included in the recall. Why would other VIN numbers with the same problem have a recall and ours does not" isn't it just as unsafe for us as it is for them" this has been going on for months and none of the garage mechanics can seem to find the problem. We have been very diligent with all maintenance items and would like to keep our car so any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated. We have no specific date this started but I am using the middle of June 2015. This seems to be happening more and more frequently.

- Columbia, PA, USA

Oct 242015

Trailblazer

The low beam headlights will go out (off) without our doing anything. One occasion occurred on I-4 West bound from orlando. Have read of other people having the same problem., yet no recall. Do accidents and injuries have to happen before action is taken.? it is occurring more frequently than before and will happen under any conditions. Has been occurring for a couple years.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Oct 262015

Trailblazer

While driving my headlights will quit working and cease to turn on until after sitting for a few hours. After driving and and parking, sometimes the headlights will fail to turn on after starting vehicle. My headlights are having the very same issues as mentioned in GM recall 14291 where issues with the headlamp driver module (hdm) overheat and fail, causing the headlamps and daytime running lights to then fail and not illuminate. I contacted Chevrolet and they refused to cover the issue under the recall stating it is VIN specific and my VIN was not under recall. This issue has been occurring for several months and is very dangerous.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Oct 082015

Trailblazer

Headlights go out occasionly while driving at night. It does not happen all the time. Looks to me exactly like recall 14V755000 / GM # 14291. GM says it could not be that because my Trailblazer does not have those parts that they know are defective? I am skeptical. Where it asks for date this happened I put the last date it occurred.

- Montreal, MO, USA

Sep 252015

Trailblazer

While driving on the inter state at 8;30 pm both the low beam headlights failed I moved the light switch from auto to manual with no affect. The fog lights and high beam lights continued to work. However using the high on the interstate could affect on coming drivers so where the highway was lighted I used the fog light. Got home off interstate using high beams. Next morning the daytime lights and low beams working however shortly after driving to store the lights again were not operative stopped at pep boys and asked them about it and they said they could make sure bulbs were okay but normally both bulbs don't fail at the same. Later in the afternoon tried lights and both daytime and low beams worked. A friend told me GM was having trouble with 2006 and 2007 trail Blazer with the light just shutting off and a module was believed to be problem. Apparently GM has known about this problem and was suppose to recall the vehicles yet they did not warn anyone one about this issues however people with earlier trail Blazer have been having problems also. Even if GM is trying to decide on a recall fix they and the government should mandate that they at least warn the vehicle owners and tell him how to fix the problem. I have have not received any notices about the low beam lights as a point of reference my lights failed on an over pass down ramp and caught me totally by surprise thank god it was not a two lane secondary road with on coming traffic. Its time to force GM to deal with the problem. I am taking car to the local dealer to see how they deal with it. I have also seen on the internet you can get a module at local auto parts store I am looking into this tomorrow since I live in Florida and soon it will be dark at 5 O"clock and I will be constantly driving home in dark on the interstate.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Sep 142015

Trailblazer

My 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer had low beam headlights not working when I turn them on. I have to drive at night with high beam lights (they work fine) and I am very annoying to other drivers. I had vehicle checked out and fuses and light bulbs appear fine. I understand this is a common occurrence. I need it fixed.

- Kuna, ID, USA

Sep 142015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving 25 mph, the low beam head lamps failed to function. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the head lamp module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting); however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- Conway , MO, USA

Sep 012015

Trailblazer

Solid state relay module for low beam - high beam headlights. When driving at night, both low beam headlights went out at the same time. Was able to switch to high beams to continue home, but not without blinding other vehicles. Replaced the solid state relay at a local autozone store. This relay is a single point failure, which an un-experienced driver could have had a possible accident if the person did not know what to do quickly in a calm manner.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Aug 262015

Trailblazer

At approximately 9:00 pm I was traveling on a rural road at highway speeds and suddenly my headlights went out. The headlamps were on low-beam at the time. I checked the headlight switch and it was in the proper position. I switched the headlights to high-beam and the lights came back on. I researched the issue and it appears that a 'headlight driver module' is to blame. This module appears to be a significant source of failure. This is a terrible design flaw. Something as important as headlights should not be subject to such a poor quality device. I would like to see no devices between the battery and the headlight switch and the headlight switch and the lights.

- Fredericksburg, TX, USA

Aug 312015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced intermittent failure of the front head lamp. The failure was experienced on several occasions. The vehicle was diagnosed that the head lamp driver module failed. The vehicle was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Aug 252015

Trailblazer

I got into my car to go somewhere and noticed that my lights did not appear to be on. I got out of my car to verify that they were not on and realized that indeed they had not come on. Tried turning on my light to auto and they still did not come on.

- Lonoke, AR, USA

Aug 022015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. After starting the vehicle, the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was diagnosed, but not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V755000 (exterior lighting). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Pasadena , TX, USA

Aug 152015

Trailblazer

Vehicle daytime running lamps and low beam headlamps failed again. Took to dealership but was closing time. Dealer documented failure but did not have time to diagnose. Manufacturer notified of failure (up to executive level) but refused to include my VIN in the existing recall campaign for headlamp failures. Husband, who is a mechanic, switched hdm module with fan module, and headlamps came back on. This points to same type of failure included in existing campaign. Please get these VIN's included in the recall. Mileage was 88,122 for this failure. Previous failure also reported. Impossible to get dealer to diagnose this when driver has mostly noticed low beam headlamp failure at night--when dealers are closed. What is the driver supposed to do when GM refuses to provide assistance with replacing the part--simply because they insist that a dealer firmly diagnose it. They cannot diagnose it if they're not open for business!!! see campaign number 14V755000. Note that high beam headlamps work just fine--just as the vehicles that ***included in the recall!!!

- Clayton, NC, USA