CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jul 042015

Trailblazer

Swerved to avoid hitting a deer almost hit mailboxes so swerved to avoid them. I swerved to much than in my correction hit the gas instead of the brake. I than hit a tree between 45 - 50 mph. My airbags never deployed.

- Anoka, MN, USA

Mar 212015

Trailblazer

Our side airbags deployed without us hitting anything. There was no pothole or any curb or anything obstructing our path. We were just driving along and the airbags deployed all on their own. Why has the 2007 Chevy Trailblazer not been recalled. We spent $8,000 getting the car repaired.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Apr 272015

Trailblazer

A vehicle was stopped in front of me and I rear ended them. I was going around 44-55 mph. After I hit the other car from behind I crossed 2 lanes of traffic and went thru a pretty deep ditch. The air bags did not deploy at all. I sustained a concussion., several head lacerations and a fractured lumbar spine.

- Lexington, AL, USA

May 172014

Trailblazer

It was raining and we were on our way home driving down the highway and hit a water puddle and hydroplaned of the side of the road the truck cut off and spent around hit a tree head on and the airbags didn't deploy. I was hospitalized with multiple injuries and im still suffering.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Nov 122014

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 20 mph crossing an intersection, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. No injuries were reported. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 140,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Unknown, MD, USA

Dec 012014

Trailblazer

The contact owned a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While driving approximately 20 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle while crossing an intersection. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. It was unknown if any injuries were sustained or if a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 140,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Unknown, MD, USA

Jul 082013

Trailblazer 6-cyl

I can smell as if something burning, on different occasion.the headlights would randomly shut off, while driving. I would switch to high beam in order to see. The back hatch window, locks when it wants to. The airbag indicator lights come on and stay on awhile. The vehicle will stall and then accelerate at times. The tire pressure lights, does not come on when pressure is low. The check engine light comes on, and stay on awhile, and then goes off, and comes back on. The climate control heater system blows cold air. At one time the key would not come out of the ignition. Had to continue to giggle the key to get it out of ignition. Noticed my headlights did not come on when I used the remote entry to unlock or lock the door. The windows stall when going up or down. I have contacted GM, but they are telling me that my make, model and year are not part of the current recall. And that the letter they sent me, was to purchase warranty for the vehicle. I feel that this vehicle is not safe due to this electrical problems.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 132012

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated he was getting sick while driving and crash into another vehicle. The contact stated that the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was not destroyed and there was a police report filed. The contact sustained a whiplash injury and severe headache. The manufacturer was notified who sent a technician to look at the vehicle and they stated that the air bags functioned properly. The failure mileage was 65,000. Updated 01/10/13 updated 1/11/13

May 142012

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the contact crashed head on into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was taken to the hospital for treatment of whiplash and eye injuries. The entire front end of the vehicle was severely damaged. The police were notified and a report was filed. The manufacturer was notified and a representative was sent to inspect the vehicle, stating that the vehicle performed as designed. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 64,056.

Jan 302012

Trailblazer 6-cyl

When I started my car, I went to turn the ac on and there was beeping and the emergency brake, ABS/stability, and a few other instrument panel lights come on. The overhead interior light comes on as well and the air will not blow out. The only way to get this to stop is to turn the A/C off or either turn it up to the highest level (5). If it is on 5 and I try to turn it down, the beeping starts and the lights come on. Sometimes it will just happen randomly even if I don't touch the air. Once while I was on the interstate doing 75 mph, it randomly happened and my car stalled and slowed down as if it were cutting off which scared me so badly because if my car had cut off I could have been in a serious accident, or even with it slowing down the way it did. My foot was on the gas driving and the car just started slowing out of nowhere. Also, the air bag light has come on and will not go off and the air bag has never been deployed. I love my truck so much, but am considering getting rid of it if I cannot get any assistance with getting it fixed because of my concern for my family's safety as well as other drivers on the road.

May 182011

Trailblazer

I was starting to go up a hill at a speed of 56 mph and I swerved to miss a couple of skunks when the steering locked on the truck and I went into the ditch to the left and then rolled the truck three times. When the vehicle was purchased in Nov 2010 I noticed the SRS light was on and the dash light and his response was to bring it back for service after I made a payment, during the accident the airbags did not deploy and the towing company who came to get the truck they had to cut the battery out because they couldn't get the steering to unlock.

- Whitney Point, NY, USA

May 182011

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated while driving 52 mph uphill the steering wheel locked and he lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle drove off of the road, rolled over, and none of the air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The driver sustained back, neck and shoulder injuries. The vehicle was declared destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle identification number was not available. The failure and current mileage was 65,000. Updated 09/14/11 updated 09/23/11

- Whitney Point, NY, USA