2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Owner Comments

Jan 052016

On a exit ramp (concrete) going about 30 mph when both side air bags unexpectedly deployed, brake pedal went all the way to the floor, no braking, pumping the brake corrected them and stopped the car. Brakes now seem normal. Both front seat belts are now locked. The car has no damage on the body or tires. G M has opened a case for us. Waiting their call back.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Nov 112014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

While I was driving down the road, both curtain side air bags deployed at same time. There were no other cars on the road, so I was able to stop the vehicle without causing an accident. The airbag on the driver side pushed me over so hard that it broke my center console. My lower back still hurts, but I am hoping the pain will go away. My left ear is still ringing and has not returned to normal hearing yet caused from the exploding noise from the airbag deployment. Both of the front seat belts will not work and the dashboard has so many lights going off, I don't know if there are any other problems. The dealership that I purchased the vehicle from said the damages could run as much as $4000 which I do not have and my insurance doesn't cover this since there was no accident that caused this. The dealership service dept. Also said they have never heard of any vehicles doing this. After research, I see that this has happened alot.

- Waukee, IA, USA

Jun 232014

Trailblazer 6-cyl

My son was driving the 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer lt when the following event occurred: While traveling at approx 35 mph on a straight, smooth city street the side curtain airbags deployed on my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer lt along with both front seat belts tightening and locking in place. There were no sudden abrupt maneuvers, no contact with any other objects... nothing!!!! it appears that this is a common problem with nothing being done about it... why"?"!!!

- Ridgeway, OH, USA

Feb 162013

While driving straight at approximately 40 mph the side airbags deployed for no reason. As a result the seat belts no long function appropriately.

- Freehold, NJ, USA

May 242012

Trailblazer 8-cyl

On May 24, 2012- I was traveling out our mile long gravel driveway. Half way down the driveway the side curtain airbags on both sides deployed. There was no crash- they just came out. I contacted GM. They finally sent out a 3rd party investigator to investigate the vehicle. They determined that the vehicle had a roll-over event. The vehicle did not roll-over. GM told me that it was an insurance issue. Insurance company says it is a mechanical issue and was GM's problem to fix. At this time the vehicle still sits with both side airbags out and the front driver and passenger seatbelts are locked in place. Vehicle is not drivable.

- Reva, VA, USA

Mar 012009

This complaint is in conjunction with my false and delayed side curtain airbag deployment, report date of March 25, 2009. I just discovered that both front seat belt systems must be replaced. The drivers side seat belt is limp. The passenger side seat belt is so tight it not only broke top of the belt housing on top of the seat (pieces), the belt is so tight it is deforming the seat. I cant imagine what this would have done to a passenger, had I have had one in that seat.

- Marysville, WA, USA