2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

May 132008

Trailblazer EXT

I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer with about 79000 miles on it. The instrument cluster started being incorrect about a year and a half ago. At that time I was not aware of what the problem was and did not realize that this problem is so widespread among trailblazer owners. The gauges stick. When this first started it was just the speedometer and the RPM gauge, but now its the mentioned gauges plus the fuel gauge. I have had a traffic stop and was given a warning for defective equipment. I would like to know why is there not a recall in place for the repair of this problem? I have been told that it has been brought in as a problem by a lot of owners and the cost is around $500. Please help with this issue that is clearly not an owner initiated problem but a defect in manufacturing. Thank you very much.

- Mccrory, AR, USA

Apr 102008

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

My air/heat on occasion has not worked. This happened a few times where I would turn on the system and everything would sound like it was on but nothing would blow out at all. My vehicle is of course out of warranty and I went to my mechanic who said this is an on going issue with many GM vehicles. Currently my unit is not working again.

- Union Beach, NJ, USA