2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments

Feb 012005

Trailblazer EXT 6-cyl

I purchased a Chevrolet ext trailblazer on Nov. 26, 2004. 2 months later on Feb. 1, 2005 it was towed into the dealership after shutting down 5 times with 2 loud explosions. The malfuction of the vehicle came close to a couple of accidents occuring and an almost near death experience for my daugher and I when it shut down for on a 4 lane highway by attempting to cross it unto the residential area. The dealership informed me that the fuel injection valve had malfuctioned and remained open releasing all the gasoline unto the engine. They are replacing the injector, spark plugs/wires that were flooded with gasoline, and the intake gasket. I contacted GM which also confirmed to me that the series of events could have started a vehicle fire and the first time this happened I should have left the engine off and vacated it immediately. The dealership can not tell me how this occured nor promise that it will not happen again or other problems stem from this defect. This is a potentially life threating situation to anyone. I am not the first person with this complaint. I am pursuing other avenues to ensure that I will not keep this vehicle. Please inform the public of this life threating safety hazard.

- Mesquite, TX, USA