CarComplaints.com Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

2.1

2010 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 262014

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. While driving approximately 65 mph, the transmission downshifted independently. The electronic stability control and traction control indicators illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 84,161.

- Elk Grove Village , IL, USA

Jul 012014

Traverse 6-cyl

July 1st 2014: I was backing out of a parking stall at work and heard 3 dings, looked at my dash, saw the traction control off light flash, and then the car powered down. I could not get it to restart and called for a tow. After a few days in the shop I got my car back and all seemed fine. They cleared some "codes". August 23rd 2014: I went grocery shopping - went to start my car and guess what happened again. Same as above, called for a tow. A few days later I got my car back. They cleared some more "codes". August 28th 2014: I had my car home for less than 24 hours and it happened again. As you can probably guess - I got it towed and it is currently being worked on. I'm so happy I'm making car payments on a car that I don't even get to drive. My husband has a 1997 Ford F150 with over 215K miles - it starts everyday. My car has 67K miles. I guess the most irritating thing is that there are tons of complaints about this and nothing is being done in the form of a recall. That is pathetic!! you are losing loyal customers. You are screwing the middle class families that purchase your vehicles. Do you think any of the major shareholders and CEO's are driving Chevy's"?" maybe if there BMW's or Volvo's didn't start...oh wait GM doesn't make those, so they probably work just fine. This is a huge safety issue. Someone is going to die from this...someone with a conscience at GM do something!!!!!!

- Hartland, WI, USA

Aug 192014

Traverse 6-cyl

While driving to the store, the stabilitrak/traction control light came on.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 192014

Traverse 6-cyl

Was driving at 65 mph with cruise control on when we heard ding ding ding....service stabilitrac service traction control..traction control off.... when this happened the cruise control no longer would work.....this keeps happening ever so often...my car barely has over 50,000 miles on it...and naturally the warranty has expired /or it doesn't cover it....this could be a real safety hazard if there is a semi truck behind me when it shuts down.. at 50,000 miles a car that U pay 27,000$ for should not be having these kind of issues..not to mention all the other recalls we have had this year on this car.

- Madill, OK, USA

May 092012

Traverse 6-cyl

Power steering gives out, and the vehicle is hard to turn and steer. Makes it hard to park or drive at slow speeds.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Mar 052014

Traverse

You guys need to check out this website, I'm having the exact same problems as many listed here, and many who don't even look into this issue!!! something has to be wrong with the Traverse, and GM is picking out 1 at a time, and offering to fix the issues at a lesser charge (out of warranty). Please get someone to look into this. Our steering has been an issue, along with the electronic control module having been replaced 4 times!! wiring harness replaced, leaking power steering, and struts/mounts. After doing much research, I find so many people having the exact same issues!!! there has to be a problem somewhere, and many people unknowingly are paying full price for this unless they complain!!! I ended up paying $950 for a $4000 bill at the dealer after negotiating with GM. Something is wrong here folks!! forums.edmunds.com/discussion/14979/Chevrolet/Traverse/Chevy-Traverse-stabilitrak-traction-control-problems there are many other forums if you google this issue of other consumers with these issues!! with some losing power and dropping from 65mph on interstate to 20 mph within a matter of seconds!! I don't want this to happen to my family!!!!

- Grand Forks, ND, USA

Dec 072013

Traverse

Driving to our work christmas party on the hwy then suddenly 3 chimes and "traction control off, service steadily track, engine power reduced" shows on dash board. We pull over to the nearest safe location. Turn the vehicle off for about 5 min. Then start again, we drive 5 miles then the exact same thing again. We end up having to pull over another 4 times before we reach our destination. Next daytook it in to Chevy dealership, charged me 100 diagnostic fee. Told me it was throttle body needed replacing, and sparkplugs and injectors needs changed. Total was going to be about $1200, I declined because I was told I had "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. Come to find out none of the repairs were covered by this "bumper to bumper" warranty. This is definitely a problem that is found on a lot of Chevy vehicles and needs to be taken care of. We spend so much money on these vehicles for Chevy not to accept there is obviously a safety concern here, and they need to be responsible.....first and last GM vehicle we will ever own for sure.

- Grandfield, OK, USA

Jan 182014

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving on the expressway at a speed of 55mph when I heard a ding sound, my stabilitrak light came on and the dash board read "service stabilitrak". another ding sound was made and my dash board then read "engine reducing speed" and my SUV immediately began to reduce my speed to 25mph.. immediately had to get over to the side so that no other cars or trucks would crash into me.. I drove it for another week and the same thing happened again while pulling out of my parking lot. Took to dealer and behold they told me it was the throttle body the same that others online were told. And yes just as others have mentioned online, its not covered under the power train warranty although it reduces your engine power. Many have had the throttle body replaced only to have the same problem happen again a few months later. This is happening to numerous amounts of people that have GM cars, SUV's, and trucks. This can not be a coincidence that this many people have had the same scenario and problem happen to them. This is a very dangerous situation to be on an expressway and have your speed be reduce immediately. I had my kids in the car and even they were scared of what occurred. This is very dangerous when you have trucks and semi's driving behind you, they can not stop that fast. Does someone have to die in an accident before there is a recall on this matter??

- Westmont, IL, USA

Dec 152013

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving my 2010 Chevrolet Traverse at legal speed limit (65 mph) when suddenly I started loosing control of the vehicle....vehicle speed reduced to less than 20 mph, then to 5 miles less than a minute, I was not able to accelerate to move the truck out of harms way from on coming traffic a warning sound was activated, it stated "engine failure" engine reduced power" service stability control" this vehicle has only 62K miles, its impossible to expect to have a problem like. After visiting the service department at beck Chevrolet and speaking to several parties at General Motors, I was basically told to go screw myself it's not their problem! I am (7) seven months pregnant, thank god another car didn't crash into me and my family!!!!!!!!!!! thank GM, I plan to reach out the new CEO and explain the customer service I received!!!

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 082013

Traverse 6-cyl

Water pump replaced in March 2013, covered under warranty. HVAC actuator also replaced at this time. 2000 mile trip made after repair and upon return engine suffered catastrophic failure on April 2, 2013. Diagnosis catastrophic failure of the 3rd cylinder. Cause unknown. Occurred during morning commute on heavily trafficked highway. Children were in car when it stalled. Had to be pushed from center lane of traffic and then towed to dealer. One week after car returned from engine replacement, leak appeared in HVAC. Leak repaired and car retrieved April 29, 2013. A week to the day of the car being repaired, service stabilitrak system light came on. Power steering seemed non existent and check engine light appeared. This problem required replacement of internal mode switch, reprogramming of electronic control module and transmission control module. Car retrieved May 7, 2013. Car returned but steering wheel still difficult to turn and squeaks when in use. Problem seems to worsen with increasing temperatures. Additionally, radio will not always shut off after driver door opened. Service stated they could not reproduce problem but happens frequently to driver. 4 serious service requirements in two months for a 2.5 year old car with under 60K miles. Chevrolet certainly doesn't make a vehicle to last and this vehicle is certainly not a car to call safe or reliable.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Apr 152013

Traverse 6-cyl

2010 Chevy Traverse with approx 53kmiles. Driving on dry pavement of the freeway I tried to put cruise control on and it would not work then I got "traction control disabled, service stabil-track" then my vehicle started to slip and loose speed. It was very difficult to maneuver and eventually I got home. Luckily my children were not in the car. I took to dealer and they said this has been happening to these models and it may be electrical? I have researched some forums and this is a defect in these models. I love my Traverse but this issue is a huge concern.

- Nolanville, TX, USA

Apr 132010

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. While driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle stalled. The service stabilitrak, service traction control, park assist off and check engine lights illuminated. Upon restarting the vehicle, it functioned normally but the check engine service light continued to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the computer system was reset. The failure recurred three times and was towed to an authorized dealer. When the second failure occurred, the contact was informed that there was a wire underneath the hood which was missing its protective covering and needed to be re-coated. The wire was recoated and the vehicle began to function normally for approximately two months until the failure recurred twice. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer on both occasions but the dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 3,500 and the current mileage was 9,000. Updated 10/05/10.

- Kingsport, TN, USA