CarComplaints.com Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

2.3

2010 Chevrolet Traverse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 182014

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving on the expressway at a speed of 55mph when I heard a ding sound, my stabilitrak light came on and the dash board read "service stabilitrak". another ding sound was made and my dash board then read "engine reducing speed" and my SUV immediately began to reduce my speed to 25mph.. immediately had to get over to the side so that no other cars or trucks would crash into me.. I drove it for another week and the same thing happened again while pulling out of my parking lot. Took to dealer and behold they told me it was the throttle body the same that others online were told. And yes just as others have mentioned online, its not covered under the power train warranty although it reduces your engine power. Many have had the throttle body replaced only to have the same problem happen again a few months later. This is happening to numerous amounts of people that have GM cars, SUV's, and trucks. This can not be a coincidence that this many people have had the same scenario and problem happen to them. This is a very dangerous situation to be on an expressway and have your speed be reduce immediately. I had my kids in the car and even they were scared of what occurred. This is very dangerous when you have trucks and semi's driving behind you, they can not stop that fast. Does someone have to die in an accident before there is a recall on this matter??

- Westmont, IL, USA

Dec 152013

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving my 2010 Chevrolet Traverse at legal speed limit (65 mph) when suddenly I started loosing control of the vehicle....vehicle speed reduced to less than 20 mph, then to 5 miles less than a minute, I was not able to accelerate to move the truck out of harms way from on coming traffic a warning sound was activated, it stated "engine failure" engine reduced power" service stability control" this vehicle has only 62K miles, its impossible to expect to have a problem like. After visiting the service department at beck Chevrolet and speaking to several parties at General Motors, I was basically told to go screw myself it's not their problem! I am (7) seven months pregnant, thank god another car didn't crash into me and my family!!!!!!!!!!! thank GM, I plan to reach out the new CEO and explain the customer service I received!!!

- New York, NY, USA

Oct 302013

Traverse

I was traveling 60mph on an expressway with the cruise control on. I stepped on the accelerator to pass a car and the accelerator pedal went to the floor causing the vehicle to accelerate suddenly. I tried to lift the pedal with my foot and use the brakes but neither worked to slow it down. I estimate the car got up to 75mph before I put the transmission in neutral and was able to go off the road safely. We taken the Traverse to the dealership where we purchased it complaining of sudden acceleration while the cruise control was on. The dealership said the vehicle was ok.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 292011

Traverse

Vehicle suddenly accelerated and gas pedal stuck at about 65 miles per hour. I immediately took my foot off the accelerator and begin trying to brake the vehicle. At the first available opportunity, I pulled to the side of the expressway. While keeping both feet on the brake, I placed the transmission into park. The vehicle continued to rev rpms at the equivalent of about 65 miles per hour. I used my right hand to pull the accelerator up and the engine returned to a normal idle. I noticed no evidence of the floor mat being on the accelerator or in a position to cause the sudden acceleration or the continued engine rapid rpms. The same day, the accelerator stuck a second time and required me to pull the gas pedal up in order to get the engine to return to normal rpms.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Dec 042011

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the side curtain air bags deployed while sitting idle at a traffic stop. The seat belts seized when the failure occurred. In addition, the contact stated that sporadically, when accelerating the vehicle would stall and then suddenly accelerate independently. The contact was awaiting the results of diagnostic testing from the dealer. The failure mileage was 26,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mount Clare, WV, USA