Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

2010 Chevrolet Traverse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 302013

I was traveling 60mph on an expressway with the cruise control on. I stepped on the accelerator to pass a car and the accelerator pedal went to the floor causing the vehicle to accelerate suddenly. I tried to lift the pedal with my foot and use the brakes but neither worked to slow it down. I estimate the car got up to 75mph before I put the transmission in neutral and was able to go off the road safely. We taken the Traverse to the dealership where we purchased it complaining of sudden acceleration while the cruise control was on. The dealership said the vehicle was ok.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 292011

Vehicle suddenly accelerated and gas pedal stuck at about 65 miles per hour. I immediately took my foot off the accelerator and begin trying to brake the vehicle. At the first available opportunity, I pulled to the side of the expressway. While keeping both feet on the brake, I placed the transmission into park. The vehicle continued to rev rpms at the equivalent of about 65 miles per hour. I used my right hand to pull the accelerator up and the engine returned to a normal idle. I noticed no evidence of the floor mat being on the accelerator or in a position to cause the sudden acceleration or the continued engine rapid rpms. The same day, the accelerator stuck a second time and required me to pull the gas pedal up in order to get the engine to return to normal rpms.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Dec 042011

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the side curtain air bags deployed while sitting idle at a traffic stop. The seat belts seized when the failure occurred. In addition, the contact stated that sporadically, when accelerating the vehicle would stall and then suddenly accelerate independently. The contact was awaiting the results of diagnostic testing from the dealer. The failure mileage was 26,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mount Clare, WV, USA