CarComplaints.com Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

2.1

2010 Chevrolet Traverse fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jan 062017

Traverse

Gas tank does accurately show how much gas I have left. The fuel gauge constantly fluctuates. I was driving and my mile range showed I had 54 miles worth of gas left. I made a stop and the car was idling and when I got back in the car it showed I had 89 miles worth of gas left. When I got to my destination I got the low fuel warning message. I have watched my fuel gauge and mile range go up incrementally while in park. This issue is the same issue as a recall with later models and it can cause a terrible accident if my car stalls or shuts off because there was not as much gas in the car as the gauge states. Similar recall below with same exact issues. Recall subject : inaccurate fuel gauge reading report receipt date: Apr 30, 2014 NHTSA campaign number: 14V223000 component(s): Electrical system, fuel system, gasoline potential number of units affected: 51,640 manufacturer: General Motors llc

- Albrightsville, PA, USA

Dec 202016

Traverse

Not sure I should do this but it has occured 2 times bow. My Traverse eccelerator gets stuck down and you cant atop. The only way to stop is put in nutral if you have the time. I am afraid to have my wife deive this. It happened for the 2nd time since I have owned it the other day. The breaks wont worm unless you put it into nutral!!!

- Glencoe, MN, USA

Oct 152015

Traverse

Fuel gage started reading half full no matter if. Tank full or empty. Digital miles left to travel match a half full tank.

- Nortonville, KS, USA

Sep 132015

Traverse

Car stalled out 1 month prior to this particular incident in the middle of a residential intersection. Check engine light did not come on either. Took the car into Goodyear for a check and nothing showed up on their computer, car was driven for 20 min without incident either. Was advised to try and use a fuel injection flush. Gasoline could be smelled inside the car after the stalling incident. 9/13/15: While driving on the freeway the check engine light came on, car started to slow down dramatically. Strong smell of gasoline started to seep into the car. Car finally stalled out as we approached the shoulder lane. The smell of gasoline was very strong at this point, inside and outside. Car was towed to Goodyear. Hooked up car to the computer and there were 6 things wrong with the car. Was told to take it into the Chevy dealership where I bought the car in 2010. Owner of Goodyear store also informed us that prior to our car coming in, 3 cars of the same make, model, and year came in this past year for the same problem. They advised all of the other 2010 Chevy Traverse owners to go back to the dealership. Brought in the car to dealership. Upon starting up my car, the entire service area started to smell of gasoline. Car was hooked up to the computer and I was then told that I would have to pay $2200 to fix the "multiple problems". the 5 out of 6 fuel injectors were misfiring. Fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs, and more need to be replaced. Check engine light never turned on once since I bought this car in 2010, until the incident on 9/13/15 on the freeway. My warranty just ran out in may of this year, without incident! now that my warranty has expired, this happens!

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Feb 112014

Traverse

Throttle body went out at 66000 K miles. Was told by dealership that the sensor on throttle body shorted out. At the point that it went out. Power to the engine was reduced and car immediately decelerated, almost causing an accident.

- New Lenox, IL, USA