CarComplaints.com Notes: There are a fair-number of power steering related complaints which is a continuation of problems from the previous model year. Considering the problem tends to happen beyond the standard warranty (73k+) it's best to avoid this vehicle or at least be prepared for the $1,300+ repair.

2011 Chevrolet Traverse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse:

2011 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 222012

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving 65 mph when the accelerator pedal stuck and accelerated to 85 mph. The brakes were disabled for approx 5-7 seconds. After 5-7 seconds passed, the brake system began to work again and I was able to slow down and eventually stop the car.

- Turtle Creek, WV, USA

Aug 102012

Traverse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that while traveling 45 mph, the vehicle failed to respond to acceleration attempts. The contact depressed the accelerator pedal several times before the vehicle responded accordingly. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,641 and the current mileage was 6,975. Updated 11/14/12 the consumer stated the failure recurred in October. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer. The failure could not be duplicated. The dealer suggested the problem was bad gas. Updated 11/16/2012

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jun 152011

Traverse

The Traverse was parked in the lot of the local grocery store, when started and placed in reverse it backed up just fine, however putting it in drive it broncoed up and would only go 30 miles per hour. This has happened 3 times. Now the power steering unit whines, the seats in the back do not recline well and the middle seat belt in the middle seat locks and I am unable to secure my 2 year old in his carseat. I am not pleased at all with the 2011 Traverse, I should have stuck to my first thoughts and bought the suburbon that I know. The Traverse is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, while it was being repaired at the dealership, they offered me another one to drive....I laughed, I went and rented a Yukon. Now when I go out of town I rent a vehicle my $40,000 Traverse sit in the driveway as a lawn ornament. Chevrolet in Florida got me real good, now they state I am upside down in this vehicle and am not able to trade without a big down payment. Funny they sell me a lemon and I can't even make lemonade with it. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Apr 032011

Traverse 4-cyl

Pullling up to the airport parking as I was getting my ticket to enter the parking lot the gate open and I step on the gas to continue when the truck shifted to the right being in between two barriers the truck did had minor scratches on the right bumper when it shifted to the right I could not go forward or reverse I got off to see what was wrong and I saw something under the right tire I got back in the car but could not move I got off again and took a good look and I saw the tired rod was broken the inside look like an explosion on the inner right side I call onstar and they provided me with a tow truck we took it to the dealer where it was bought on Monday my husband call and they said they couldnt cover it cause it was due to a collision we said but we didnt crash or hit anything only when it shifted but had nothing severe on the body they said no contact your insurance we call Chevrolet corporation and they said they believe the mechanics and they were not going to fix anything so they made our insurance pay for the damage which we believe its very unfair having a warranty we got the vehicle back and we hear a noise the tires has 2 gashes it took them 2 days to call back and said nothing is wrong with the vehicle and the tire at the moment they check it was not like that but now they notice is damage and they made us call our insurance again because they were not going to pay for anything or fix it. I believe this is the worst service and most of all I could of lost my life due to this incident or lost my baby since I am pregnant. I have pictures to prove where and what happen to it also tow truck man said it was the axle/tire rod when he pick it up.

- Chicago , IL, USA

Dec 052010

Traverse

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds the rpms suddenly increased but the vehicle would slow down suddenly. After attempting to accelerate, it would not do so until a couple of moments later. The failure occurred on an intermittent basis for the past three months. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and they were unable to diagnose the vehicle. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 1,500.

- Levittown , NY, USA