Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: There are a fair-number of power steering related complaints which is a continuation of problems from the previous model year. Considering the problem tends to happen beyond the standard warranty (73k+) it's best to avoid this vehicle or at least be prepared for the $1,300+ repair.

2011 Chevrolet Traverse suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Traverse:

2011 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Feb 062016

We have many issues with our family car 2011 Traverse one being our power steering whining noise and it get really loud that we are having our 2nd issue in less then 4 months. We are just finding out they put a remanufactured part and master cylinder leaking into booster.. I drive with extreme care daily..

- Whittier, CA, USA

Oct 062015

The vehicle has been experiencing steering issues for a couple years - loud mechanical noises and popping. I have topped of steering fluid reservoir several times and that quieted the noise, but there was no evidence of a leak on my garage floor until October 2015 (after service explained below). The popping became a nuisance again and I took into the local Chevrolet dealer to inspect. They found several issues in the front end that need replaced: Rack and pinion (leaking), power steering pump, end links, bushings, transmission mount, struts (leaking). Steering component failure is a possibility in these issues and can cause loss of power steering in the vehicle. Loss of power steering would likely end up in an accident due to inability to turn vehicle as intended. GM should issue a special coverage for rack and pinion replacement and strut leaks as these are very well know safety/design flaws. GM has already issued special coverage for the power steering pump.

- Sellersburg, IN, USA

Oct 102012

Traverse 6-cyl

I was purchasing the vehicle and told that I could not pick it up due to a faulty rack and pinion that they needed to replace. Now 30,000 miles later the rack and pinion has failed again and has to be replaced making this the 3rd rack in pinion in this car which is a safety issue. They are also stating front struts are now leaking. They found this faulty rack and pinion when I took the car in for low coolant levels and the water pump needing replaced under the extended warranty watch.

- South Wiliamsport , PA, USA

Jan 312014

Traverse 6-cyl

While sitting at a stop sign my Traverse was hit on the driver's side by the tire and fender. The side air bag or front airbags didn't deploy. The vehicle that hit my Traverse had airbags that deployed. My wife was 4 months pregnant and didn't have proper protection of the multiple airbags this vehicle has. She injured her knee from banging into the dash board and caused great concern about the health of our unborn child. The sad part is now we receive a letter that our car is part of the recent side impact air bag recall on the Chevrolet Traverse. The reason why it didn't deploy in the accident is because of wire issues on the airbag system. Unsafe at any speed.

- Byram, MS, USA