2012 Chevrolet Traverse accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse:

2012 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Oct 052013

I did not have a accident but I am sending this with a concern about what might happen because of an incident. Chevrolet Traverse does not come with a spare, (temporary or full size) or jack. It also does not have a place to put a spare tire. I had a flat tire that could not be repaired and all that came with the vehicle is a can of sealant and air tank. Now I will have to buy a spare and put it in back of my vehicle and this will be a huge safety issue. I bought this Traverse for the 3rd row seating but will not be able to use it because I have no other place designated to put a spare other than just place in the back section. I have 4 small grandchildren and in case of an accident the tire will be a major concern but we live in an area where sometimes phone/onstar does not work so we have to have spare tires. Everyone that I have told about this is shocked that it these vehicles does not come with at least a " temporary tire". I have contacted Chevrolet and they want to charge $700 for the cable, tire, jack to be added to vehicle.

- Idabel, OK, USA