2012 Chevrolet Traverse seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse:

2012 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 182013

Traveling approximately 55mph we were hit on the rear passenger side damage to the rear passenger tire well and rear right side on the body with extensive damage underneath. No airbags deployed at anytime in the vehicle. It was taken to the dealer's collision and repair shop and after several weeks it was returned. Within a week of getting it back the service airbag light came on, we took it back to collision repair center thinking it was an issue with the accident but the collision repair sent it to the dealership saying it was a warranty issue. I've taken this vehicle back 4 times now for the same service airbag light. Dealership service department supervisor keeps telling me it's an issue with there not being a grease needed on the sensors and that they apply to each sensor as it comes up, now on the 4th trip back service department manager claims that isn't correct and it has nothing to do with the issue. Each and every time I've taken this car in I have specifically asked if this is a safety issue and if it means my airbags are not working correctly every time I've been told, "no, your airbags are ok, there is no risk to you or your family." Dropped car of for final research into this issue since light came on again this week and service manager tells me that yes it does mean my airbags are not operating properly and there is a safety issue here.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA