7.2

2013 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse:

2013 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jan 062014

Traverse

As I was driving on a highway I stepped on the accelerator and the car did not respond and came to a sudden stop in the middle of the highway. I had no warning and no ability to pull off to the side of the road. I could not restart the car and I had no power steering or brakes. I had my car towed to the local GM dealership and they found that a piece in the engine had fallen or broken and damaged the piston, the cylinder and the head of the engine. As the mechanic said, it was a "catastrophic engine failure." They replaced the engine in the car and then one day later, after having the car at the dealership for 32 days, the check engine light went on. I took the car back to the dealership and they found that the oxygen sensor was not working and they replaced it. GM told me that the piece that fell had not been tightened properly and this was missed on the final inspection. Not only am I concerned by having had this frightening experience happen on the highway, moreover in a new car, but the sudden stopping of the car while driving is the same thing that has happened to the cars that have recently been recalled by GM. I got this car because of its good safety profile however now I do not feel safe and secure driving this car.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA