2013 Chevrolet Traverse steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Traverse:

2013 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Dec 262015

Traverse

While driving about 65 mph on us-59 in my 2013 Chevrolet Traverse ltz, the instrument panel lit up like a christmas tree, followed by a rapid, un-controlled deceleration, loss of power, and loss of steering. This was while driving on a straight road, and no surface impediments such as rain, snow, sleet, ect.. the issue was "stabilitrak! as a 30 year, career law enforcement officer who investigated thousands of accidents, this was a very dangerous situation and my family and I are very lucky to be alive. I also found there is a long history of this going back to at least 2010. This same vehicle has had the rear A/C fixed 4 times and mylink system fixed 2X.

- Katy, TX, USA

Apr 012014

Traverse

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled several times. The vehicle was not able to be restarted. Also, the contact mentioned that the radio failed several times and the sensors and gauges intermittently flickered. In addition, the contact stated that while traveling 25 mph attempting to avoid dog, the contact swerved to the right and crashed into another vehicle. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the back and legs. The contact did not seek medical attention. The contact indicated that the steering wheel locked and the ignition switch would not turn over. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jan 062014

Traverse

As I was driving on a highway I stepped on the accelerator and the car did not respond and came to a sudden stop in the middle of the highway. I had no warning and no ability to pull off to the side of the road. I could not restart the car and I had no power steering or brakes. I had my car towed to the local GM dealership and they found that a piece in the engine had fallen or broken and damaged the piston, the cylinder and the head of the engine. As the mechanic said, it was a "catastrophic engine failure." They replaced the engine in the car and then one day later, after having the car at the dealership for 32 days, the check engine light went on. I took the car back to the dealership and they found that the oxygen sensor was not working and they replaced it. GM told me that the piece that fell had not been tightened properly and this was missed on the final inspection. Not only am I concerned by having had this frightening experience happen on the highway, moreover in a new car, but the sudden stopping of the car while driving is the same thing that has happened to the cars that have recently been recalled by GM. I got this car because of its good safety profile however now I do not feel safe and secure driving this car.

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Feb 062013

Traverse 6-cyl

In snow of almost any depth, the vehicle will shake violently on acceleration from 35 mph up. The transmission will not accelerate and feels like its bogging down. It will stay like this for sometime hours then it will cease. Fender wells are clear of debris. The problem is it will do this sometimes at will on the roadway where I have been almost rear ended trying to get up to speed, there are multiple complaints on the Chevy Traverse forum website. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or die.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Apr 012013

Traverse 6-cyl

Without warning, no leaks, no noises.... at 55 mph when I started to decrease my speed to take a curve I lost my power steering. This comes and goes without warning and is very dangerous for anyone driving a Traverse!! I just bought this used vehicle on Mar 6, 2013 and no signs of any problems and then the power steering fails. When you try to turn into parking lots or onto a side street it just hits and you lose all power steering making it very dangerous for all person(s) in or near the vehicle. We were told by various mechanics in the surrounding area that this is a "known" design flaw and problem in these vehicles and yet GM has yet to do anything about this!! there is a multitude of complaints regarding this exact same issue the is scattered all over the internet with power steering issues!! GM should be required to issue a recall immediately before its too late and someone gets killed and class action lawsuits are filed!!

- Glasgow, KY, USA