9.4

2014 Chevrolet Traverse body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Traverse:

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Sep 242014

Traverse 6-cyl

While pulling into a parking spot, I applied the brake and came to a complete stop. Put the vehicle into park and then removed my foot from the brake pedal, as soon as I did this the car began to move forward, I reapplied pressure to the brake and then slowly let it back off again after verifying that it was in the park position (which it was). The car continued to move forward driving over the cement curb stop and straight towards the glass wall of the business I had pulled into, and so I immediately applied the parking brake and removed the keys from the car. I then tried to restart the car but it would not turn on, only the engine light would come on, the brake pedal at this point was seized and I couldn't press it down, nor was I able to move the car out of the park position. After calling a tow driver he checked the transmission linkage and we were able to get the car started again however now the car is running, in the park position but the reverse camera is on and when I tapped the gas it began to back up. The car has now been towed to my local Chevy dealership who are investigating but they claim there is no recall's or notifications for a 2014 automatic Traverse (which there is!!). I just bought this car last month (Aug) and I see the notice was issued in Feb.

- Lexington, KY, USA