2014 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Traverse:

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Nov 242015

While in motion, the vehicle began to sputter, the dashboard and radio went blank, the locks in the doors went up and down several times. I pressed the brake and was unable to stop the car as I was approaching a stop sign. I had to roll through the stop sign and narrowly missed being hit at the intersection. Within a few seconds, the vehicle regained power and I was able to drive home. This has happened on 2 other occasions where the car has lost electrical power for several seconds while driving down the road. I also went out to my stationary parked car and tried to start it one morning. The vehicle was completely dead, like it had a dead battery, but the ignition would not release my key or let me turn the key back to the off position. So I started to try to get to the battery to jump the vehicle off, but by the time I got ready to do this, I opened the car door and all the lights came back on and the car started right up (but without a working radio this time). This is a very serious and dangerous problem. We have only had the car for a few months and we have now had our car in a Chevy dealership for 15 days and they have been unable to replicate the problem and so they are trying to send the vehicle home with us without any other solution other than to keep driving it (putting my family in danger) and try to record it when it happens again (so I can prove I'm not crazy or just making this stuff up).

- Alvarado, TX, USA

Jul 202015

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Traverse. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently without warning. In addition, the contact stated that the brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond. The contact was able to avoid a crash by switching the gear into the neutral position. The vehicle was not diagnosed ore repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,148.

- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA

Sep 122014

Driving normally at 55 mph. Car slowed to 35 mph and engine light came on, and dash read stabilitrac service needed engine power slowed. I could not go over 35 mph on freeway and very difficult to brake.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Mar 262014

On four occasions I have lost brakes while descending a hill. The brake peddle goes all the way to the floor. Only after pumping the brakes does pressure return and the car slows. The dealer indicates they have been unable to replicate the issue and continues to deny there is a problem.

- Troy, NY, USA

Dec 232013

Traverse 6-cyl

I have taken my vehicle in numerous times for the same issue; the brakes & radio. The radio screen becomes black off & on. The major issue are the brakes. The dealer supposedly has replaced the booster. This is now my fifth time taking it into the dealer. When you press down on the brakes it releases air & the brake pedal seems to have no cushion. It goes all the way down!!! I've only had this car a couple of months!

- Simi Valley, CA, USA