6.1

2015 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Oct 302015

Traverse

I have a 2015 Chevy Traverse with 13,000 miles. I was in a neighborhood after reversing out of the parking spot and driving down a short steep hill. I wanted to turn and tried to depress the brake pedal but it was not in the proper location. I glided, put in neutral and pressed the emergency brake to stop. It was at night and I did not see the location of the brake pedal other than that it was where it should be. I put in park and turned the car off and back on and the brake pedal appeared to be in the correct position and working. I had Chevy check it out and they said they could not find anything wrong with it. I don't know if the brake pedal was stuck to the floor and if I had pressed it if it would have worked. It seems to have an air leak sound sometimes when depressing brake and they just said it was normal though I don't recall hearing that for 13,000 miles before. I have no other vehicle to drive but now fear for my life if the brakes go out on a highway.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA