2015 Chevrolet Traverse electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Jul 142016

Driving my 2015 Chevrolet Traverse on an expressway at 65 to 70 mph when suddenly the vehicle started to slow down even when pressing on the accelerator. The speed continued decreasing when we noticed that the radio had also shut down. Fortunately we were able to make our way to the breakdown lane without any mishap. That's when we notice the engine was also completely shut down. We were fortunate that we were able to pull over without causing an accident. We called the dealership and explained the problem and was puzzled that they were not too concerned about the problem. My wife is not concerned about the safety of this vehicle. I have noticed that complaints have been reporting a similar problem. My vehicle is currently at the dealership and they provided me with a loaner in the meantime. I was told that most likely they will not be able to find any problem with the vehicle. This is not much consolation, to us when we will be returning to Florida in the near future and wonder whether this problem will occur again when we are on expressways with five to six lanes, all going 70 mph or more and with little room to get out of the way to safety. Looking at other similar issues, what is mentioned as the problem could be the switch, the battery or the alternator, or wiring to all these components. I cannot believe that this issue cannot be diagnosed and remedied immediately before someone gets hurt.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Apr 242016

My wife and I were driving our 2015 Chevrolet Traverse on the interstate traveling at 80mph. When I took my foot off the accelerator the accelerator stayed in the down position and continued to accelerate the vehicle. We were up to 90 mph. I put my feet on the brakes and was able to slow the vehicle to 70mph. The accelerator was still stuck in the floored position and fighting the brakes. I was able to manipulate my foot behind the accelerator and after several attempts to pull the accelerator up it released. There was a loud clunk and we were able to pull the car off the interstate. When the car was placed in park, all the warning lights went on and the engine shut off. The vehicle would no longer start. Chevrolet towed the vehicle to the dealership where it was discovered the accelerator sensor and module went 'bad' per the dealer. The sensor malfunction caused the accelerator to stick per the dealership.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Nov 162015

Drove my brand new 2015 Chevy Traverse to work for 2.1 miles, parked, within 15 mins my car caught on fire. Totaled. Fire dept had to put fire out. Tysons corner, va parked at 8281 greensboro drive, tysons, va 22102

- Vienna, VA, USA

Oct 202015

Vehicle has intermittent electrical and ignition switch issues. It frequently will not start following multiple attempts at turning the ignition key, and has actually stalled in moving traffic while my wife and child were driving, a clear safety issue. Dealership has twice had vehicle for 4-5 days and indicated no trouble found both times. Dealership has provided no assistance in contacting GM (joe lunghamer Chevrolet, waterford mi). We have video of parked vehicle not turning over in garage following multiple attempts at turning the ignition, which would appear to be an ignition switch or electrical defect. Vehicle has on occasion it has stalled shortly after getting underway, also a safety concern if pulling out into moving traffic. Dealership has returned vehicle to us without repair

- Waterford, MI, USA

Jul 262015

While stopped at a traffic signal, without warning the lights in the dash, went out. The lights in the center das console (for radio, etc) wnet out. All interior liught were out. This lasted for approximately 3 minutes. I could not signal to turn, I did not have any way to determine my vehicle speed or anything about the operating system of the vehicle. After about three minutes all light came back on. This has happended twice in a period of approximately two weeks since I leased the vehicle on 07/25/2015.

- Murrieta, CA, USA