6.4

2015 Chevrolet Traverse wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Nov 032016

Traverse

I recently noted severe dry rot or cracking in the tire tread. The car is less than 2 years old and has 22K miles. There was a recall for this specific issue (premature tread cracking) for the specific oe tire model and size that my vehicle has. However, according to Chevrolet customer service, my vehicle is not included in the recall. It is apparent from the condition of these tires that the recall must be expanded to cover more vehicles than originally thought. Information about the recall: The rec all began on March 9, 2015. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick), 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 15025/15067. Note: This recall is for Goodyear P255/65R18 fortera hl tires installed as original equipment.

- Buckingham, PA, USA

Jan 132016

Traverse

Tire lost air pressure and lost tread. Tire was inspected by GM dealership, which could not locate issue. 5 days later, the tire was shredding and we had to pay for a new tire.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Jun 122015

Traverse

One of the tires on my new Chevy Traverse went flat and I was told that the tire could not be repaired because it wasn't a puncture hole. I was told it was more of a tear and when I looked at the tire the split looks like it was a continuation from the part of the tire that has the tread line. I find out there was a recall on this tire and even though my tire was manufactured a few months past the recall date (13th week, 2015 year), my vehicle is from the same plant and the tire size is the exact tire--Goodyear fortera P255/65R18 109S. I do have the tire in question at my house and can take pictures if you need them. I was very concerned about this issue when I took my vehicle in for repair and asked how this could happen with brand new tires and was told there was nothing wrong with the tire(s). I am very concerned about driving this vehicle after reading the recall notice because I drive on a lot of secondary highways that are very isolated and I do not want to become stranding. I would like to know if I have a case in regards to this matter. Thank you.

- Richardton, ND, USA