2016 Chevrolet Traverse body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse:

2016 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Dec 222016

Traverse

12/21/16 first, I pulled out of driveway and the vehicle would only go about 1-2 miles an hour for several blocks...pulled over and put in park and revved the engine a little and pulled out again. It still wouldn't accelerate at first, then gradually picked up speed and rode the remainder without incident. On 12/22/16, one second I was parking my car in front of the store I work at, and was almost completely stopped with my foot on the brake, when all of a sudden the car lunged forward into the brick wall of the building. The airbag in the steering column deployed. The car bounced back and shut down I think). I reached up and turned the key off & L opened the door & the radiator was leaking onto the lot.. my knees were hurting really bad, both my hands were sore and my left arm. The car front was all damaged with part of the fender on the sidewalk. We called my husband to come and take me to get checked out because I thought I might have cracked both my kneecaps. We contacted our insurance company and they told us to have the car towed to our preferred body shop, which we did. The dr X-rayed my knees and determined they were not broken, just badly bruised. On Dec 26th, I went back to the dr because I started having some pain in my neck/shoulder and they did numerous tests, finding what they thought was a fracture in my neck. I had to wear a brace on it for a week, then more testing determined that what they saw was actually a previous injury that had never been caught. I need physical therapy on the neck issue. I have since found that there are several complaints of these cars suddenly lurching forward when the brake is applied, over a span of 7 years. I am not only thankful I wasn't injured worse, but that there wasn't a person in front of me when this happened. I am very concerned that it could happen again and the outcome could be much worse.

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Feb 172016

Traverse

Passenger side window exploded. We were driving on an open rural highway with no vehicles near us in the afternoon. The weather was about 75 degrees and sunny. All windows were up and the A/C was on. We heard an explosion which sounded like a tire blowing out and the passenger side front door window had blown out. When we pulled to the side of the road, you could see that the remaining parts of the window were angled outward slightly as if there had been pressure from inside the SUV pushing it out. Fortunately, very little glass came into the car as it was all blown outward. We were driving the speed limit on cruise control (70mph). As there were no nearby vehicles or people on the side of the road, road debris was not the cause of this. Also, a close review of the vehicle show no marks from any external debris.

- Orange, CA, USA