2016 Chevrolet Traverse miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse:

2016 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Dec 222016

Traverse

12/21/16 first, I pulled out of driveway and the vehicle would only go about 1-2 miles an hour for several blocks...pulled over and put in park and revved the engine a little and pulled out again. It still wouldn't accelerate at first, then gradually picked up speed and rode the remainder without incident. On 12/22/16, one second I was parking my car in front of the store I work at, and was almost completely stopped with my foot on the brake, when all of a sudden the car lunged forward into the brick wall of the building. The airbag in the steering column deployed. The car bounced back and shut down I think). I reached up and turned the key off & L opened the door & the radiator was leaking onto the lot.. my knees were hurting really bad, both my hands were sore and my left arm. The car front was all damaged with part of the fender on the sidewalk. We called my husband to come and take me to get checked out because I thought I might have cracked both my kneecaps. We contacted our insurance company and they told us to have the car towed to our preferred body shop, which we did. The dr X-rayed my knees and determined they were not broken, just badly bruised. On Dec 26th, I went back to the dr because I started having some pain in my neck/shoulder and they did numerous tests, finding what they thought was a fracture in my neck. I had to wear a brace on it for a week, then more testing determined that what they saw was actually a previous injury that had never been caught. I need physical therapy on the neck issue. I have since found that there are several complaints of these cars suddenly lurching forward when the brake is applied, over a span of 7 years. I am not only thankful I wasn't injured worse, but that there wasn't a person in front of me when this happened. I am very concerned that it could happen again and the outcome could be much worse.

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Jan 052017

Traverse

During a snow storm where temps were between 22 amd 30 degrees. I was out for 30 min to 1 hour when the front window froze at the bottom. I had defrost on the entire time and nothing I could do would unfreeze the window. This caused the wipers to not function appropriately. The wipers left water streaks because they were sitting on ice. Prior to coming out my car was completly dry because it was in a garage. No pre ice conditions. The streaks when I was concerned were in my viewing area and I couldnt see.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Oct 282016

Traverse

I was at a red light, foot on the brake when the vehicle accelerated jumping from 1000rpm to 3000rpm, multiple times in a row. Causing my car to lunge forward over and over again. I contacted the dealership immediately & was asked to drive my car in. I was headed to a destination first. When I arrived at my destination, I turned the car off for approximately 5 minutes. When I turned my car back on, there was a loud bang noise, car smelled like something was on fire & the acceleration did not return. What did happen was I now had no air conditioning. Dealership stated it was the ac compressor that went out and caused all the issues.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Dec 032015

Traverse

Navigation system - turn by turn. Provide dangerouisly direction. Instruct you to make turn where there is no street to turn onto, I.e., instructs you to make turns off a overpass from a bridge and fall down onto the interstate below. This a safety, dangerous, hazards, life threatening component in the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse, especially at night. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealer, no help! called GM customer service in detroit=no help. This nav system is a deadly safety hazard. That provide deadly information to the driver. This need to be corrected asap - by issuing a recall for 2016 Chevy nav system. GM has been slow to fix reported safety issues which has resulted in death/fatality.

- Renova, MS, USA