2015 Chevrolet Trax brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Trax:

2015 Chevrolet Trax Owner Comments

Jun 182016

Trax

Backing up vehicle, pressed brakes, went to floor, no brakes. Put car in neutral till vehicle struck another parked vehicle. Put car in drive, put foot on brakes to stop and check damage, no brakes. Put car in neutral, cruised to stop. Tried to put car in a parking slot, no brakes, car put in neutral and I turned into a curb to stop car. Before leaving pumped brake and checked for pressure - now ok. Drove home and parked car in drive. Called General Motors to have car brakes checked out. Happened once before - exact time unknown - in parking lot - with no cars around, to back into. No pressure on brake pedal. I thought I just missed the brake pedal. Minor damage to both vehicles.

- Canton, MI, USA

Mar 012016

Trax

The brakes were noticeably squeezing at less than 4000 miles. I'm not sure for how long because I do play loud music, although I had noticed that stopping was requiring more pressure, I thought it was justvmyvimagination. Then I heard the squeezing over my radio. I asked my boyfriend to drive the 2015 Trax and he said I needed new brakes and refused to drive it again. I took it to an authorized Chevy dealer and was charged 25.oo for an inspection because they claimed the short distance they drove could not reproduce the sound, no defects found. The squeeking got louder, I took it to the Chevy dealer that hosed me on the purchase of the car, they also stated they could not find any defect nor could they hear anything, so I offered to take the mechanic and manager of service for a ride at their lrisure, both declined, I even offered to let them drive, again they refused, I was later told that they knew something was wrong but they didn't feel under Chevy guidelines it was necessary tobrepair. They wouldn't repair the brakes even after I said I would pay for my own safety! I went back in and got both their cards and advised that if they were going to promote the Chevy brand, my son should know who to sue if I die in that death trap. I later talked to my car insurance carrier about my high rates, he stated that it was due to the Trax proven history of issues/failures for especially for being a fairly new Chevy model, specifically those which the public is still unaware of. I paid 32000 for the upgrade model and I can't even get an offer better than 16000 with less than 7500 miles on it. Oh, and the ac constantly cycles and my old ten speed blew colder air!

- Greeley, CO, USA

Mar 022015

Trax

The brake started sqeeking after drove of lot in Feb 2016 up till this very day June 2016. Also when applying brake hard car slides past stop.

- Texarkana, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Trax

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Trax. When the contact released the brake pedal, the vehicle rolled backwards. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed as a feature inherent to the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 800. The VIN was not provided. Updated 04/07/16

- Binghamtion, NY, USA