2015 Chevrolet Trax electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Trax:

2015 Chevrolet Trax Owner Comments

Jul 272016

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Trax. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to a dealer for a routine oil change. The contact presented a recall notice and the dealer scheduled the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V422000 (electrical system, equipment). The contact had not experienced a failure before the dealer completed the recall repair. After the repair, the contact's phone failed to properly sync with the bluetooth access. The vehicle was taken to the dealer three times. The contact was informed to get a new phone. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and advised the contact to purchase a new phone. The approximate failure mileage was 11,000.

- Mansfield Center, CT, USA

Jul 012016

The information cluster (which displays my speed, mileage, gas gauge, etc.) went completely black for ~10-15 miles as was driving home one day from work on a city road. I turned the car off as I stopped for gas but the display was still black when I turned the car back on. It finally came back on spontaneously when I was half way home on a county road. I have had issues where the display will go black temporarily (1-2 seconds) as I am driving but it quickly turns back on, resetting my display. This has happened 7X in the past week and I've noticed it more as the weather has gotten hot and humid and it has happened several times before. I am concerned because it obviously is not safe to be driving without knowing your speed or if you are running low on gas. The photo below was taken during my trip home while I was stopped at a stop light.

- Archbold, OH, USA

May 182016

I have had my Trax in for service 5+ times due to the "byom" media and due to my car being hacked through the "glitch" through the mylink media center and informant system, which, ironically, at the beginning of May 2016, a recall notice was sent out about this issue. I had my car in for service for the 5th time (same thing!!!) and GM explained to me that I was missing relay's and fuses in my car (yes, cause the car doesn't lock and the remote keyless entry had a glitch in it due to the recall")! I have filed several cases with GM about this and have had my identity stolen, 2 weeks after getting this vehicle!!!! since these items were missing, they wanted me to pay for this out of my own pocket, again GM's recall and issue not mine!!! since I wouldn't pay for what should have been warrantied, they removed the missing components from my car, charged me $250 for the diagnostic and a loaner car (total scam and they are allowing me to drive around with missing components that will continue to affect the glitches in the "byom" and car!? I am driving around a safety and identity theft hazard now due to GM and their lack of follow through on a known issue brought to their attention at the beginning of 2015 at defcon convention!! see sam kamkar brought this to their attention. They sold vehicles that were hackable and are just now brining it to owner's attention! I am basically driving around a car that may or may not operate correctly for my safety due to their greed and lack of accountability for their issues building this vehicle. This is a death hazzard to me and the 6 yo twins that ride in my car!! I wanted to bring this to your attention as I am continuing to be followed and hacked in my car due to their negligence.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Apr 242016

The contact owns a 2015 Chevrolet Trax. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the back up camera failed to fully illuminate, as a section of the camera was blank. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 600. The VIN was unavailable.

- Atwater, OH, USA

Jan 222016

( first complaint)when in gear on a hill the vehicle starts rolling back ward for no reason I now have to drive with two feet (second complaint) my rear view camera you can only see 3/4 of the pictuer the part is blacked out. (third complaint) the oil thins very fast had htree oil changes less than sixmonths. This vehicle has been back to the deal 4 times the fourth time they told me it was the (incline brake) and the only way it could be fixed is I would have to get a new vehicle because it was built in and no way they can fix it. The camera issue they said it met GM an Chevrolet specs so nothing was going to be done abour it. There are serious issues with all my complaint I am not trying to be a stastic of a recall vehicle. I am send attatchments of the dealerships demials of the problems existing. Please see attatchments I was wondering if I should get the news media involved because I see complaints and no investigations done on any of theses matters. Robin M porter.

- Washington, DC, USA