2006 Chevrolet Uplander AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Uplander:

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Jun 192006

Uplander 6-cyl

The day we purchases our Chevy Uplander there was a problem with the air conditioning. The dealership replaced the O ring on the compressor and recharged the freon. After 2 and a half weeks of owning the vehicle and 750 miles on the vehicle I went on a trip to houston, tx with my 2 year old. The air began to blow steam and stopped working. I called my dealership and they advised me to call on star. They advised me where the closest dealership was I stopped there and they said they thought it was the actuator and they reset the computer and the air was working again. Two more times the air stop working on my trip. I stopped the car at my grandfather's house and a gas station and it reset it's self and the air began to work. I brought it to tomball parkway Chevy. And after 2 days of driving short distances they could not duplicate the problem. They contacted the manufacturer and they said they were aware there is a problem. They have received other complaints around the us but were not sure how to fix the problem yet. I travel frequently with my child I can not ride in 105 degree heat with her. How do I solve the problem when I am not comfortable having only had the car 3 weeks now?

- Ardmore, OK, USA