3.7

2006 Chevrolet Uplander fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Uplander:

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Jun 022007

Uplander

Remember to keep your Uplander's gas tanks at least half full! Uplander fuel gauge shows gas tank is a quarter full, however, vehicle immediately runs out of gas whenever on a downhill slope. This has happened several times when parked or sitting at a light on a downhill sloped driveway. Unable to start the Uplander in these cases, (sitting or parked facing downhill) as I was in my parking stall, I had to call for roadside assistance. After aaa pulled the Uplander out of downhill parking space onto level ground, the Uplander started up without any problem. The gas gauge then showed that I had a little more than a quarter of a tank and I was able to start the engine and drive the vehicle. Took it to rancho valley Chevrolet, phillips ranch, ca, and replaced the 2006 instrument panel with a re-built instrument panel.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Aug 312010

Uplander 6-cyl

I bought this van around 2010, the mileage was around 60,000. The first thing I noticed was the light. I was pulled out by the police about my light. I went straight to auto zone and changed it. I have changed my bulbs more than twenty times. I got warnings. Secondly, my remote control have been acting out. I changed the battery several times. It will work for only few hours and stop. I started locking my doors manually, only the passenger door is left to control the button. The worst experience that led me to file this report is the fuel tank and the steering wheel. My van had stopped more than twenty times without warning, each time I bought gas and it will start working. The last experience is still frightening to me. I was driving on a highway at 55M/hr my gauge was showing just below half tank, all of a sudden my van accelerated and sound went off, I immediately made a left turn on a green light to a street that went down the hill. I could not control my van no more, I turned off the key and it went to a stopped with a bang noise. Fire fighters were around that area, they immediately rushed to help and suggested I buy gas which I did and my van started working again.I approached somebody using the same type of van, she said she experienced same issues several times. My daughter had an accident with this van once, I begin to wonder what might have caused it although she said another driver caused it and fled, now even if my gas is showing full tank I will make sure I still buy more.I am scared to give my van to my children to drive.I escaped accident more than four times because of the same issue.I don't drink, never smoke, I use my van mainly to work.recently the rod that holds the tire don't know the name just broke into two without any reason.I was just trying to reverse and I noticed my van will not move. Came down and I saw that. I just replaced my tail light few days ago.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA