2007 Chevrolet Uplander engine problems: reduced engine power

Reduced Engine Power

1. replace throttle control (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Uplander engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Uplander:

2007 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Mar 052013

Uplander LS

When this first happened I took it to a local Mechanic who put a computer tester on it. He in turn cleaned up the cable to foot feed. It then cost $115.00 to do that.

Three weeks went by and it happened again the Engine light & reduced Engine Message came on, I was on the highway at the time and did pull over not certain if I should shut the Van off or not. I phoned the mechanic and he advised shutting it off and restarting after 2 or 3 three min. I did this and it started (Engine light on but message was gone) So I traveled on to Calgary (engine Light Still On) went about my Business and as I recall the REM did not come on again. After traveling home to Turner valley I parked the Van. The next morning the Engine light was off so I did not take it back at that time to the Garage. I believe another week and a half went by and no occurance. Then out of the blue last week it happened all over again about 4 times the first day prob March 13th. Each time having to pull over on side of which ever road I was on amid lots of Calgary traffic (Very Nerve racking) I got an appointment for March 18th as the Mechanic had no openings. So he said I could keep driving it so as I had no other way to get to work that's what I did. But it was getting worse and worse happening every few KLM

But the worst was yet to come as the one day I couldnt pull over and as I traveled on with it in this mode the disabled starter message came on and the Engine shut off (I was traveling slower and just coming into town) But I could not steer and had no Brakes!! Any way that was when I decided not to drive it because of that and also sometimes it did not want to stop when I tried to having to really push on the brake. The noise it would make when I did slow down was awfully Loud as well.

This van had 67,000 KLM when I bought it and now has 112,300 or so KLM. So for this to happen is so very annoying and really stressful! I am not sure if I need to get rid of it or not. I would lose money if I traded it in and another thing that concerns me is that the Mechanic said the computer was showing itself to having a problem but he didnt think so and put the new throttle control in.

- , Turner Valley, Alberta, Canada