2008 Chevrolet Uplander suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Uplander:

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Dec 152008

I own a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander which displays a "service engine light" when driving in rain or snow, on trips more than an hour in length. This problem has occurred on more than twelve occasions, and has been taken to three dealers under warranty for repair. Diagnoses include wrong gas cap, wiring harness short circuit, maf failure, fuel injector fouling, air filter blockage, etc. None of these diagnoses have proven correct, and the problem still exists. The last dealer I took it to told me the problem isn't serious, "the engine light just means that it doesn't meet smog requirements." My state requires echeck before I can register the vehicle, which means that I can't get tags for the vehicle when they expire this year. General Motors refuses to consider any other options for resolving the problem. They have told me I have to go back to the dealer 50, 100 times, as many as necessary to fix the problem. I cannot continue to take time off work and lose use of the car if they cannot fix it. I have made at least twelve trips for these two problems and despite General Motors opinion, I think that is more than reasonable opportunity to fix the car. I also have a noise in the suspension which poses a safety risk but does not prevent me from registering the car. They have also been unable to fix this problem or determine the source.

- Richmond Heights, OH, USA