1998 Chevrolet Venture fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Venture:

1998 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Aug 222000

Venture

On the date referenced, I was backing into a parking space. My sister was already parked next to me and was still in her car. As I was packing up using only the brake, suddenly the horn started blowing and the engine suddenly accelerated. As a result of the acceleration the tires turned sharply causing the car to jump the parking bumper and crashing into my sister's car. The damage to both vehicles was approximately $1600. We have had the body work completed but the local Chevrolet garage could find nothing in the computer diagnostics to indicate a problem. They supposedly checked the vehicle for what may have caused the sudden acceleration, but could find nothing. We have heard recent other car owners experiences about similar occurances but none involving the Chevrolet Venture. I now am uncomfortable driving this vehicle that I otherwise love. Have their been any other complaints of this type" what other recourse do we have with Chevrolet to really have them thoroughly check the vehicle" I am absolutely sure there was no manual acceleration since I was already beginning to back the vehicle into the spot which was requiring no manual acceleration only vehicle movement controlled by the brake (there was no grade to be negotiated).

- Tallahassee, FL, USA