1.6

2002 Chevrolet Venture fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Venture:

2002 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Jun 212012

Venture

Fuel level gauge does not work ever since I had this van and fuel pump unexpectedly went bad at about 83000 miles

- Marquette, MI, USA

May 092016

Venture

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Venture. The contact noticed an abnormally strong fuel odor coming from the vehicle. The contact observed fuel puddles under the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Levittown, PA, USA

Jun 032013

Venture

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Venture. The contact stated that all the fuel filler necks were fractured, which caused fuel to leak. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 160,000.

- Mccomb, MS, USA

Jan 012015

Venture

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Venture. The contact stated that there was a fuel leak coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the inlet check valve and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline: Storage). The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 012014

Venture

Temp gauge trys go hot had check nothing engene misfire had check 7 times now. Replace mass air temp sensore twice throttle position sensors. Plugs and wires twice in one month has wire shortage for ac and we have paid out alot of money from day 2 of owning this was going sell but I would sell this crap to no one.. now says O2 sensore left wheel sensor and much more codes junk like this dont need to be sold..

- Whitwell , TN, USA

Sep 012014

Venture

The contact owns a 2002 Chevrolet Venture. Upon refueling the vehicle, fuel started leaking from the fuel tank. The contact mentioned that the failure progressively worsened. After inspecting the vehicle, the contact noticed a small fracture which may have allowed fuel vapors and small droplets of fuel to pass through. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 214,000.

- Kingston, OH, USA

Jan 012014

Venture

I bought this car used and discovered that I couldn't fill the gas tank more than 1/3 of the way or it would leak from a crack in the plastic gas tank where the filler pipe connects to the tank. I looked it up on the internet and discovered it was a common problem; www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2003/Chevrolet/Venture/fuel+tank I talked to my local Chevrolet dealer and he said that there was a recall, but my VIN number was not included. Now what?

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 202012

Venture 6-cyl

I noticed fuel mileage being really off and a very strong gasoline smell and had it checked @ our local repair shop and was told gas tank weld had failed; we were also told we were very lucky that we got it in as soon as we did. Very dangerous! was also told by mechanic that there had been recalls on this very thing and also even more service bulletins. I contacted GM and was told yes there had been recalls but not our VIN number group! now it's time to do this before someone dies or is maimed. They told me they were very sorry but glad no one was hurt! I was also told to save all my paper work just in case @ which time I told them I save everything! they were more concerned about why I had taken it to our repair shop rather than one of their dealers; I told them that the only thing I ever got from their dealers were that they could not ever replicate the problem; then our repairman would fix what they couldn't even identify.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 102004

Venture 6-cyl

The gas gauge stopped working, went from full to empty in about 3 seconds. Chevy refused to help. I have carried a notebook in the vehicle since that time, writing down the date, place of purchase, mileage, total cost, cost per gallon, and how many gallons. This is to make sure I don't run dry, since the idiot going goes off whenever it pleases. (car was purchased new, from paramus Chevrolet in October, 2001).

- Paramus, NJ, USA

Feb 222011

Venture 6-cyl

The fuel gauge either shows full or empty. It will show full while driving, but when sitting still, even if you just filled up the low fuel light will come on and the gauge will drop to empty. Other than setting the trip, you have no way of knowing how much gas is in the tank. When you get to half a tank or so, the light will come on constantly and ding. Have tried many things to fix this problem but nothing seems to work. I have heard this on a lot of this same type vehicle.

- Leakesville, MS, USA