9.6

2003 Chevrolet Venture brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Venture:

2003 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Jul 032003

Venture 6-cyl

2003 Chevrolet van purchased new 6/23/2003 from randy marion Chevrolet-Pontiac-Buick, Inc., mooresville, nc 28115. Problem: Squealing brakes. I have had this van into the dealership on five separate occassions in the past five months to have the brakes repaired. The dealership keeps my van from 2 to 4 days to 'make certain the problem has been corrected'. the brakes have not been correctly repaired. Various service tickets state, "clean, adjust, applied anti-seize on rear backing bplates; beveled edge of brake shoes, and readjuste: Clean and adjusted rear shoes and applied anti-squeal'. the brakes continue to squeal each time I press my foot to the brake. I am greatly concerned for my families safety. I am distressed that this dealership (randy marion) will not contact GM to ask for technical assistance to correctly resolve the brake problem as I have requested the dealership to do so on more than one occassion.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Jul 032003

Venture 6-cyl

2003 Chevrolet van purchased new 6/23/2003 from randy marion Chevrolet-Pontiac-Buick, Inc., mooresville, nc 28115. Problem: Squealing brakes. I have had this van into the dealership on five separate occassions in the past five months to have the brakes repaired. The dealership keeps my van from 2 to 4 days to 'make certain teh problem has been corrected'. the brakes have not been correctly repaired. Various service tickets state, "clean, adjust, applied anti-seize on rear backing bplates, beveled edge of brake shoes, and readjusted, clean and adjusted rear shoes and applied anti-squeal'. the brakes continue to squeal each time the brakes are applied. I am greatly concerned for my families safety. I am distressed that this dealership (randy marion) will not contact GM to ask for technical assistance to correctly resolve the brake problem as I have requested the dealership to do so.

- Mooresville, NC, USA