2003 Chevrolet Venture engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Venture:

2003 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Venture 6-cyl

About a week after I got my mini van the fuel gauge quit working, the ignition switch started staying on in the start position, and I've got a rattle in the engine that nobody can seem to find. All of my friend's have heard this sound in the engine, but the techs keep telling me it's normal.

- Conway Springs, KS, USA

Sep 302008

Venture 6-cyl

I was struck from the back, while taking foot off the brake, I attempted to proceed from a stop sign in shopping mall. Due to delay, from a bad transmission from day 1 when I first purchased vehicle from felix Chevrolet, la ca it holds up traffic. I took my foot off brake after stopping at stop sign and it appeared to driver that I was moving forward. Yet, the delay causes danger from behind and I'm still encountering delays from the date of purchase, 2006 up until now. Felix denied anything was wrong with after I complained and had them test transmission problem within 30 days of purchase. I've been very dissatisfied with performance and quality of vehicle from day one. When accelerating from a stop the vehicle severely jerks. The transmission fluid and filter have been replaced with no change in the condition. The vehicle had around 60,000 miles when I purchased.

- Gardena, CA, USA

Jul 052012

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Venture. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, she noticed that the vehicle was overheating. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer stated that the lower intake needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they stated that there were no recalls addressing the failure. The failure and current mileages were 94,600.

- Donora, PA, USA