2.9

2003 Chevrolet Venture fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Venture:

2003 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Aug 132010

Venture

On 08/13/2010 our 2003 Venture minivan suddenly began smelling of fuel. Upon inspection I noticed fuel streaming from the fuel tank where the filler neck joins the body of the tank. At first I thought the filler hose was loose so I tried to twist it to check the tightness, at this point the neck separated from the tank entirely! about 15 gallons of fuel were spilled and fire rescue were dispatched. This seems to be a problem that is very common with this tank, I have only been looking for a replacement one day and have encountered several tanks with this problem. Some have been repaired with an epoxy but I have been warned this is a "trade it quick" remedy.

- Murray, KY, USA

Aug 202007

Venture

GM fails to recognize this recall on a 2003 Chevy Venture fuel tank: www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm.

- Hastings, PA, USA

Aug 022007

Venture 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Venture. The contact stated that the vehicle has a fuel leak where the nipple meets the gas tank. The dealer stated that there was no sign of impact and was due to age and mileage. The purchase date was unknown. The current and failure mileages were 85,000.

- Seabrook, TX, USA