2005 Chevrolet Venture body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Venture:

2005 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Aug 242006

Venture 6-cyl

The passenger sliding door opens at random while stopped and in motion exposing passengers to a serious risk of injury or death.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 122004

Venture 6-cyl

On Friday, November 12 2004, I entered the middle row of my son-in-law?S new 2005 Chevrolet Venture. This vehicle is equipped with an automatic sliding rear side door. After I sat down and closed the door, it seemed to not close completely. I proceeded to open and close the door again. As the door started to open, I tried closing it with the door handle. However, it continued to open fully. By the time I realized that the door was not going to stop, despite my closing pressure on the door handle, my arm had moved backwards and became lodged against the back of my seat. I was unable to release my hand from the door handle, and as the door opened further, it fractured both bones in my arm.

- Baltimore, MD, USA