9.1

2014 Chevrolet Volt drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Volt:

2014 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Oct 232015

Volt

Car is a 2014 Volt with 1900 miles. I bought it new recently as a dealer display model with 100ish miles on it. Last night (10/22/15) on our trip to visit family and friends out of town, I was driving the car in hold mode (cruising at highway speed) and L. it had about 20 miles of charge left. Speed was approximately 65mph cruising. I suddenly get a dash indicator indicating that I am in reduced propulsion mode. The car's power is reduced, throttle input is decreased, and I am not able to accelerate as before. I move over the the slowest lane asap. The internal combustion engine was now off and I had switched to using the remaining charge. I then called onstar. They ran a diagnostic and came up with two codes (these are as detailed as my passenger could write down): 1. P0700 transmission not preforming as expected. 2. P0777 power trans? system detected malfunction with transmission control system. May affect vehicle performance including shifting behavior. Luckily we were able drive to the nearest dealer and have a family member pick us up. The dealer verified the codes, cleared them, but was unable to "reproduce" the problem. Therefore they made no change and returned the car to me. Multiple other owners have also had this problem and has not been systemically troubleshooted by Chevy as the local dealer's had no idea how to service.

- Ardmore, PA, USA